Chapter 12

HALO IN THE M.M.

MICAH P.O.V.

Here.! My mom said throwing something at me. I caught it and seen it was my car keys.

For real.?!

Yeah, dont piss me again Micah.! She smiled before walking away.

Bro when I say it's been a long ass two and a half weeks. I damn near was ready to kill myself. I was sick and tired of riding with Majesty ass. I took my stuff off quick putting on my basketball shorts and a tshirt and picking my gym bag. I ain't been in the gym at all. Our gym here at home was lit we had all of the work out equipment but I just had rather been at the gym with my team.

Ma I'm going to the gym.! I yelled.

Okay be back before dinner. She yelled back. I ran out the house and jumped in my car. Oh I missed my baby so much. I sped down the driveway and out the gate. I hated that we lived like 30 minutes out the city. I swear it seem like it took me even extra long to get some where.

I parked my car in the closes space they had to the door I was so excited to get in here. I went to the locker room putting my stuff up. I went into the work out room and everybody was here.

The champ is here.!!!! I yelled getting they attention flexing.! Everybody cheered and clapped and laughed welcoming me back.

Yeah nigga bout time.! Al said laughing slapping me up.

You know had to walk that small bid down real quick. I laughed fixing my AirPod in my ear. I put on my sport training breathing mask and coach started the treadmill for me.

Welcome back bud.! He said hitting me on the head with his clip board. After jumping and preparing myself and stretching a bit waiting for him to give me my signal. I stood all the way back by the wall in my running stance, i had to run full speed on to the treadmill running at the speed it was going until i completed a mile. "On your Mark get set go.!" He blew his whistle and I ran. He put it on 4 with an incline. I felt like I was running fast as hell.

I completed my mile in 7 minutes.! Usually it took people anywhere from 9-11 minutes to complete their runs. I was one of the fastes at my school. I went to go lift some weights. I wanted to build up muscle like my dad. He told me all the work outs I should do and them shits was working.

Ight shirts vs skins I need two games before we wrap up for today.! Coach yelled. I finished up my last rep on my legs and made my way to the gym.

Shorty checking you out bra.! Isaiah laughed walking past me as we came in the gym. I turned around and it was Halo.! She waved at me and I gave her a smile licking my lips. I had no idea she was gone be here. What was she doing here.?

I took off my shirt and changed my shoes and made my way on to the court. I was captain of the basketball team. I was really good as fuck and had recruiters-looking at me already. I been playing in Varsity since a freshman. I'm trying to get a full ride scholarship to college. I just wanna make my parents proud to.!

I started the game of shooting two, three's.! THE CHAMP IS BACK BABY.! I yelled shooting the ball.

And he back on demon time.! Isaiah said slapping me up.

When I played ball I felt like my life depended on it. I felt like this was my safe place. I felt like it was nothing else in life that mattered except me and my ball.!

Ight hit the showers, same time tomorrow, Jackson I expect you to not get in anymore trouble and miss another game, your not showing Captain material.! Also if you do not come to practice tomorrow you will not be playing in Saturday's game do I make myself clear.! Coach yelled as we walked off the court. We went into the locker rooms and I got my shit. I slapped a couple niggas up on my way out. I showered at home. That public shit was nasty ass hell.

Can I get a ride bro.? Isaiah asked.

Yeah I got you come on.

I walk out the locker room and Halo was standing with Heaven and two other girls. I tried to walk past like I ain't see her hopping she would see me. "Micah.!" She yelled coming over to me. I kicked my lips and met her halfway.

I know you wasn't gone say bye without seeing me was you.! She asked giggling. She was so fuckin pretty.

I thought you would of been gone by now I ain't see you in the gym when I was leaving out.

Our practice was over....But umm I texted you the other night....

Yeah I was so tired I forgot to text you back.....

Oh I thought you was gonna reject me.! She said shyly looking down.

Why would I do that.? I asked with a smile picking her chin up.

I don't know.....Micah you make me so nervous.! She giggled.

I would love to go to homecoming with you but only on one condition....

What.?

You go to mine with me.?!

Of course.! She started smiling hard.

I gotta go, ima text you aight.

Okay bye.! She smiled so shyly. I smiled and walked away.

Micah wait.! She yelled out getting my attention again before I was out the door. She ran over to me and kissed me. "I'll be waiting on your text.!" She said sweetly. Her girls was behind her all shocked and so was I. She walked back over to them and I couldn't help but smile as I was leaving out.

Who the fuck is that.? Isaiah asked as we was walking to the car.

Bouta be my baby mother she keep playin wit me.! I laughed throwing my bag in the back seat.