more than friends (tyler)

pairing: tyler joseph x reader
word count: 2042
tw: angst, MUCH DRAMA, language, some self degradation

a/n: before you read this, i just want to say, this was not made to hate on jenna. i love her, and i'm glad tyler has her. and rosie too. <3

"awe, i'm so happy for you. it's about time one of us gets a lover."

that's what i told tyler when he announced to josh and i that he was dating jenna black. in a way, i was happy for him. i always wanted tyler to be happy. but a large part of me, a part that was in love with him since third grade, wanted to scream. i wanted to cry and tell tyler that i didn't want him to be with jenna, i wanted him to be with me. but, that was just irrational.

josh had always known that i was in love with tyler. but, he swore never to tell him. i had always wanted to tell tyler myself, but i was a coward. i was afraid that tyler would not feel the same and our long friendship would be ruined. so i stayed silent. freshman year eventually hit, and tyler asked out jenna.

she was everything that i wasn't. she was lean and beautiful, and had the full potential to be a model. it was so hard to hate her at first. but a year passed and the two were still together, but jenna secretly grew cold towards me.

whether it was the icy glares or the fact that she literally told me to stay away from tyler; my best friend; i knew jenna black wanted me gone. but she made tyler happy, so it didn't matter. i decided to stay silent because i didn't want to create a fuss.

tyler was happy. so i was happy.

"jenna and i are going to a party tonight. you guys should come." tyler said to josh and i. i shrugged.

"i don't have plans. how about you josh?" i replied. he nodded.

"yeah, it sounds fun." he agreed. tyler smiled.

"great! i'll text you guys the address. in the meantime, i have to find jenna. it almost seems like she's been avoiding me, but i might be overexagerating." he said.

"i'm sure that she's not. just go find her." i assured him.

"okay, i'll catch you guys later."

"later."

"later, man." josh said.

tyler disappeared and i turned to josh.

"i don't know about you, but i've never been to a party." i said. he nodded.

"i spend most of my time with you and ty. i've never been to one either." he replied.

"i just hope it's not like the movies. that'd be a total shitshow." i said.

"i doubt it. this is the real world, (y/n)."

"true. anyways, let's get to french."

time skip to right before the party

i smoothed my black skirt and straightened my crop top. i put on my black doc martens and checked my eyeliner one last time. thankfully, it was even. bless my hands for not being too shaky for once.

i heard a beep and went outside. josh pulled up in his black jeep. i rushed to the passenger side and got in. tyler would be arriving with jenna.

"hey, bestie." i said jokingly as i got in. josh chuckled.

"sup, dudette." he replied. once i buckled, josh started driving.

"who's even hosting the party?" i asked, curiously.

"some guy named john. must be a friend of jenna's."

"probably. i wonder if it's okay that we go. i mean, tyler invited us but we don't exactly fit in with jenna's err...group."