lovely (tyler)

pairing: tyler joseph x reader
word count: 573
tw: aphasia, slight self deprecation and angst.

a stupid mute. that's what my parents were calling me. a stupid mute who could never fend for herself.

maybe they were right. it was my fault i drank until i had a stroke. so i deserved aphasia. i deserved to be mute.

i just wished the world wasn't so cruel.

not many people would catch on that i couldn't speak and they would cuss me out. they would tell me all sorts of things i already knew.

even though i was told it could never be cured, i tried so much to speak. but it seemed only flies and cobwebs would come out.

my only friend was tyler. tyler was there for me. he was patient.

i was sitting on the park bench reading when tyler appeared out of nowhere.

"hey." he signed. sign language was the first thing i learned after loosing my voice. tyler happily learned it with me.

"what are you doing here?" i signed. he shrugged.

"i just wanted to see you. i knew you'd be here because you're rarely not here. and it's good. you need to get away from your parents." tyler signed back. i nodded. tyler knew about how much my parents mentally abused me. i wanted to get out of there but i hadn't any money.

"i have to tell you something." tyler signed. i raised an eyebrow.

"i wrote a song for you. i call it lovely. can i sing it to you?" he signed. i smiled. tyler had a talent for writing and singing.

tyler stood up and cleared his throat.

"you say things with your mouth, cobwebs and flies come out. i hear a second voice behind your tongue somehow.." tyler sang the song and i cried. the song and tyler's voice was absolutely beautiful.

after tyler finished singing he sat on the bench and wrapped me in a hug as i cried. at that point i wasn't crying because of the song. i was crying over everything. being mute. my parents. the world. just..everything.

tyler and i sat there just looking at the sky. if ever there was a time i wanted to speak, it was then. i wanted to say so much to him.

i wanted to be able to tell him i was in love with him.

i tried to speak and it was the same result as always. it felt like my throat was closed and nothing, not a single solitary sound, would release from my vocal cords.

tyler noticed i tried to speak, and frowned. but i didn't want to see him frown. i wanted him to smile. i wanted him to be happy like i was. because i was very happy. because i was with him.

i stood up and took tyler's hands. tyler willingly stood up with me. i smiled, letting him know everything was okay.

"i am in love with you." i signed. my hands were shaky but that wasn't a problem. i was just nervous as to what tyler's response was.

"you- you are?" tyler asked, speaking. i nodded and gave a small smile.

without warning, tyler just leaned in and kissed me. it was amazing. he made me feel amazing.

tyler made me feel lovely.

a/n: oh my, this was so short. sorry. but hey, enjoy a pink haired tyler joseph;

 but hey, enjoy a pink haired tyler joseph;

gorgeous, isn't he?