amnesia; prequel (tyler)

Pairing: Tyler Joseph X Reader
Word Count: 747
TW: Falling from a high(ish) place
A/N: Here's a little prequel that shows you how you got into a coma (from an earlier imagine called Amnesia)

I felt the rush that I always did when I would preform. It didn't matter if it was my one hundredth time performing or my first time, I always felt the rush. It felt both good and bad.

You would think that since I was performing alongside my boyfriend and my close friend that I would feel more calm. But that wasn't the case for me.

I had been the Twenty One Pilots bassist since the beginning of the Trench era. The skeleton clique was so welcoming. It didn't seem like I had anything to worry about when it came to performing. But, I was always a mess right before our shows.

"We're about to go on. You ready, (Y/N)?" Tyler asked. I took a deep breath.

"When you first started performing, did you feel a rush? Like it was good and bad at the same time?" I asked him.

"Yeah. But it's probably different for you, since you started performing with a bigger audience." He replied. I didn't know whether or not that was supposed to make me feel better. It didn't, but I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

Josh appeared and said hello to me. Shortly after, the three of us went on stage.

The crowd went wild when they saw us. Looking out into the crowd I saw a mixture of yellow and lots of lights. Bandito pride. (ahah i know bandito pride probably sounds dumb, don't come for me.)

I grabbed my bass and took another deep breath. My bass' name was (Y/B/N). I trusted her/him/them for every show. (Y/B/N) never failed me.

As soon as we began to play, I immediately started to feel better. I had nothing to worry about. It was just the same as any other concert night.

Tyler's POV

She was absolutely amazing. I expected the clique to get mad at us for adding (Y/N) to the band, given she was already my girlfriend, but everyone was so accepting. It was probably because she could play like an angel.

I always looked forward to her bass solo in Jumpsuit. I didn't have to sing, I just got to watch as she strummed the strings of her bass. The clique went wild while she did it. I didn't blame them. You could look her up on YouTube and there'd be hundreds of videos of her playing during a show.

That's why I didn't understand her doubt. Everyone loved her. She never messed up. (Y/N) was practically an alt goddess.

The first half of the show went by smoothly. Once we got to Jumpsuit however, things went south.

Most of that performance was normal. I sang. Josh drummed. (Y/N) played. It was when it got to her solo when everything collapsed.

I put the microphone back on the stand and watched (Y/N). I adored her so very much.

She got really into her solo. But then, she started to get really close to the edge of the stage. Her eyes were shut because she was focusing on getting the chords right, so she didn't realize how close she was.

Now me, being the idiot I was, I didn't think to stop her before she got too close. When I had realized, it was too late.

(Y/N) is falling.

She's falling.

TYLER, SHE IS FALLING.

Everything happened in a rush. As soon as security realized what had happened, they evacuated everyone at once. I immediately ran to (Y/N).

"(Y/N)!" I yelled. I ran towards her. Her head was bleeding a lot. She was unconscious.

"Josh! Somebody! Someone call an ambulance!!" I screamed.

This couldn't be happening. No. I couldn't loose her. It was too soon. I loved her.

Time Skip

It turned out, (Y/N) was in a coma. There was a likely chance that she would wake up but, it wouldn't be for a few days to a week.

I cried. A lot. I usually tried to hold myself together in public but I couldn't.

I felt as if it were all my fault.

A/N: If anyone is sad, don't be. If you read Amnesia, you already know that you wake up. And other stuff happens. Also, sorry that this one was shorter. Much love! |-/