huge secret (josh)

Pairing: Josh Dun X Reader
Word Count: 1253
TW: mention of excessive drinking, mention of physical and emotional abuse

"Tonight..tonight I will end things. He will not hurt me anymore." I said taking a swig of tequila. The bottle was nearly emptied.

I used to hate drinking. The taste. The smell. It disgusted me.

But every since my fiance began to beat me when I didn't want to have sex...I needed to find something to numb the pain. Emotional and physical.

I didn't dare tell anyone that he was beating me. I knew very well that he could and would kill me.

I grabbed my cell phone and dialed a number. I didn't have a contact for my fiance anymore because whenever I called him, he was extremely aggressive.

The phone made the dialing sound five times and a voice answered.

"Hello?" I heard the voice.

"Brendon, hey. I just wanted you to know, I'm ending things. You're going to pack your bags and get the hell out of town. I know you're probably like 'Oh no where will I go?' I know where you can go. How about that brunette you're always texting? You will not hurt me anymore. So there, Brendon." I ranted quickly. There was a few moments of silence before the voice spoke again.

"(Y/N)...i-it's Josh..Josh Dun. Your ex from two years ago. Are you okay?" The voice spoke. I felt my heart drop to my stomach. Josh Dun was my boyfriend before Brendon. I actually left Josh for Brendon. I felt so horrible.

"Oh-h. H-Hey Josh." I answered.

"Are you okay?" Josh asked again. I felt the tears form in my eyes.

"No, I'm not. Brendon's abusing me and I can't tell anyone. It's a huge secret and my life depends on it. If I tell anyone he will kill me. I'm so doomed. I want to leave him but I'm so scared. You have to help me without him knowing I said anything. Please." I pleaded. There was silence for about five seconds after I finished speaking.

"(Y/N), what's your current address?" Josh asked.

"21 Forest Street. Still in Columbus." I answered.

"I'll be there in about fifteen minutes, and I'll take you away. You'll never have to tell him or anyone, this will be our huge secret, okay?" Josh proposed. I smiled.

"Sounds amazing. Hurry." I told him.

"See you soon, (Y/N)." He replied and hung up. I ran upstairs to pack my things.

I packed three of my shirts, two pairs of pants, underwear, a bra, socks, my toothbrush, hair brush, deodorant and makeup. I could only fit so much into a suitcase.

I wobbled a bit trying to slide my yellow Converse on. I remembered that I was intoxicated and I needed to slow down.

I grabbed my charger, shoved it in my bag, grabbed my phone, and went to wait outside.

After about two minutes, Josh pulled up. He looked so much different.

Instead of his old faux hawk and an almost beard, he grew his hair out a bit more and shaved a bit. His hair was red as well. It also seemed he was wearing eyeshadow. It was kind of hot.

 It was kind of hot

"(Y/N), get in. If we're gonna leave, we gotta do it now before it gets too late." Josh urged me. I smiled and got into his car.

"I should call Brendon." I said after Josh had been driving for a few minutes. He looked at me, confused.

"What's the point of leaving if you're just going to tell him where you are?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, I just want to tell him that I'm leaving and never coming back. Then I'm turning off my location. He'll never hurt me again." I told Josh.

"Oh, that's makes sense." He answered.

I took my phone out and dialed Brendon's number. This time it was actually him.

"What do you want, (Y/N)" Brendon growled when he answered.

I inhaled. I exhaled.

"I'm leaving you. I'm going far, far, away. You're never going to hurt me again. Have fun with, Sarah." I ranted. I realized I kind of had a ranting problem.

"What are you talking about? Don't you dare leave the house. If you leave I will kill myself." Brendon answered.

I felt a lump form in my throat and the tears welled up.

"I'm sorry, Brendon. I already left. If you really love me..let me go. Don't hurt yourself..I love you. Maybe in another world, there would be a happy ending for us. Goodbye." I said and hung up.

The car was silent for a few moments until I spoke.

"Where are we going?" I asked, quietly.

"We're almost at the hotel I booked us to stay in. Then tomorrow morning we're going to the airport and we're gonna fly out to L.A. Is that alright?" Josh proposed. I smiled.

"Perfect. What's in L.A.?" I asked. Josh smiled.

"Everything." He answered.

Thirty seconds later, Josh pulled into the parking lot of a huge hotel. It was well known, everyone who stayed there left a good review.

I grabbed a pair of pajamas and clothes for the next day and Josh and I headed into the hotel.

"Welcome to Solstice Hotel. May I help you?" A receptionist with blonde hair and green/gray eyes asked. She had a warm smile. It made me want to smile back. (Plot twist: I'm the receptionist)

"Hi, I booked a room? It's supposed to be room 620?" Josh asked. The lady nodded and gave us the keys to our hotel.

"Enjoy your stay!" The lady said.

Josh and I headed towards the elevator. I pushed the button number three and we elevated.

We found our room and went inside.

The hotel room was fancier then my old bedroom. There was a bedroom with two beds and a tv and there was a kitchen with a sink and a microwave along with a bathroom. It was all extremely quaint.

"This is adorable." I whispered.

"True. We should get ready for bed, we have to wake up early." Josh said. I nodded.

I got ready for bed and layed down in the bed closest to the AC.

I couldn't sleep. I was afraid. I was afraid of dropping my whole life and starting a new one. What if it ended badly?

"Josh, are you awake?" I asked.

"Yes. Is something wrong?" He replied.

"I can't sleep. Can you cuddle me like how we used to? I understand if not." I asked. Josh got up and came to lay by me.

I felt the tears fall down my face.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. You're going to be okay, (Y/N)." Josh attempted to comfort me. I couldn't stop crying. I could barely breathe.

"You are my sunshine.." Josh began to sing. I turned to face him, surprised. That used to be our song.

"My only sunshine.." I continued. We ended up singing the whole song together. By the time we finished, I was much more calmed down.

"Thank you, Josh. For everything. You didn't have to do this, but you did." I thanked Josh. He smiled.

"I care about you, (Y/N). I'm never going to stop." Josh promised.

I kissed his nose and quickly turned to my other side.

"I care about you too. Goodnight, Josh." I said. I heard Josh chuckle.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)." He replied. Then we fell asleep.