i need you (josh)

pairing: josh dun x reader
word count: 1596
tw: some angst

"it was nice having coffee with you, ashley, but can you drive me home now? i'm supposed to call josh in about an hour and he doesn't have much time. with him being in korea and then me being in columbus..the time zones make calling each other difficult." i said to josh's sister, getting up to throw my empty cup away. every week, ashley and i would have coffee together.

"wait- you should come over!" ashley told me, as faint fear painted her face. how odd. why didn't she want to part ways?

"but ash, my phone call-"

"you can call josh at my house! come on, i want to spend more time with my future sister in law." she interrupted me. i gave a small smile. i decided to give in. especially considering i didn't have a car and ashley was the one who picked me up.

"okay, i'll come over." i said. ashley smiled and jumped up and down.

"yay! can i give you a makeover for fun?" she asked me. i chuckled.

"sure, why not. haven't had one in a while so that should be..fun."

"of course it'll be fun!"

ashley and i left the coffee shop, and she talked about all the things she could do for the makeover. josh's sister was one of the most optimistic people i've ever met, and it was hard to be upset around her. her positive energy was contagious.

ash and i drove to her house. when we got there, her pets greeted us happily. as she went to get her things for the makeover, my phone went off.

josh <3: extremely tired. tonight's show was so wild. mind if we skip tonight's call? i'm sorry, i love you baby.

i frowned at josh's message. i missed him more than i had ever missed a human being in my life. but he had tour and eight months of tour would make me homesick. there's was less than two months left but it felt like there was two years. i missed him so so much. i began to wish i ignored the fact that i could get homesick and i just went with him.

you: yeah, of course. i know how tiring shows must be. we can just call tomorrow, i love you.

josh: i can't wait to see you in six weeks. goodnight, (y/n).

you: night, joshie.

i sighed as i set my phone on the table, face down. ashley came into the room with the makeup. she noticed my sadness, and voiced her concern.

"is everything okay, (y/n)?" ashley asked me. i nodded.

"yeah, josh is tired so he won't be calling tonight." i sighed. ash sat down and opened up her cosmetics.

"i'm sorry. don't worry, girly. he'll be back before you know it." she told me. i nodded.

"yeah, i know. i just wish i didn't get homesick so easily. i should have just gone with him and ty." i said sadly. ashley shook her head.

"nonsense. what's the point of going with him if you're just going to miss home?" she asked me.

"honestly, at this point josh is my home."

ashley just looked at me. i felt like i was going to cry. i then realized i was probably upsetting ashley by sulking when we were supposed to be hanging out. i took a deep breath and shook my head.

"hey, let's just do the makeover. sound good?" i asked, trying to be as optimistic as she always was. ashley smiled.

"duh." she replied, digging into her cosmetics again.