quarantine (jyler)

Pairing: Jyler (feat. Rosie Ro)
Word Count: 976
TW: talk of Covid-19 and quarantine

I sighed as I checked the news. I had been a mother for only a month and everything was being shut down. Rosie wouldn't be able to experience many things during her first year of life.

They were saying we had to stay home. They called it "quarantine". And if we had to go out in public, which we were supposed to avoid as much as possible, we had to wear a mask at all times. Like the masks that surgeons wear.

Surely, my husband Tyler would be coming home from the studio soon. I had wondered if he knew that would be his last time there for two weeks. I knew he would be bummed.

*soft cries*

Rosie had just woken up. I absolutely adored this baby. She wasn't very loud and she was maturing very quickly.

Whenever I looked at her, I saw a perfect balance of myself and my husband.

I began to slightly giggle at a thought I had

I began to slightly giggle at a thought I had. Wearing a bun used to be optional but, as a mommy, there's not very much of a choice.

I couldn't wait until Tyler got home. One month in, and he was already cracking up dad jokes. Boy, did I love him.

Then, as if God were sending me a sign, Tyler walked through the front door.

"Hello, Sunshine." Tyler said and kissed my forehead. Then he picked up Rosie and kissed her forehead as well. Then he sat down and held her.

"Hi, babe. Did you watch the news or anything today?" I asked him. A sad look appeared on his face.

"Yeah, that's why I'm home early. Josh and I can't go to the studio for about two weeks because of the Coronavirus." He sighed. I got up and took his hand.

"Don't worry. It's only two weeks. We can get through quarantine together. At least we didn't have Rosie when this craziness already started." I told him.

"You're right. We'll get through this together. Two weeks isn't a very long time." Tyler agreed.

One month time skip

(Tyler's POV)

Things had only gotten worse since quarantine began. Josh and I began to do a song to help people get through the tough times. We had called it "Level Of Concern". (I am a LOC clikkie. That's kind of besides the point but, I was just putting it out there.)

Rosie was getting more and more mature by the day. Being a first time dad, I didn't know if that was normal. Either way, Jenna and I loved her regardless.

We were working on the music video to Level Of Concern. It was late but, Jenna still offered to help.

"Ready?" I asked her. She began to nod but then went back upstairs. What was she doing?

She came back down only this time, she was wearing her favorite Ned socks. I smiled at her.

"What? My feet were cold." She giggled.

Jenna and Ro sat in the living room by the light switches. Ro was starting to fall asleep on Jenna's shoulder. She was so cute.

Once I started recording, Jenna started to flip the light switches. The lights went insane.

 The lights went insane

Rosie began to look so curious. Jenna was giggling at her reaction. I loved them both with my whole heart.

I had realized that we finally finished the clips for the music video. Even though it was late, I knew I needed to stay awake to get the rest of the music video together.

"Jenna, I think I can finally put all the parts of the music video together." I told my wife, happily. The hugest smile creeped up on her face.

"Really? That's wonderful news!" She exclaimed. She pulled me into a hug.

"I know it's late but, I gotta call Josh and then I'm going to piece together the clips. Hopefully, we'll have the mv done by next week." I told her. Jenna nodded.

"Just don't tire yourself out too much, Ty." She answered. I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"Of course not. You can go up to bed, I'll be there in a bit." I said.

"Alrighty. I love you." Jenna replied. Rosie was fast asleep in her arms.

"I love you too." I told her. Jenna began to head back upstairs and I grabbed my phone. I knew Josh would be awake.

"Heylo?" Josh said after three rings.

"I have good news. The Level Of Concern music video is ready to be pieced together." I told him.

"Really? That's sick!" He exclaimed.

"If you want, I can start to put the clips together." I said.

"Yeah, yeah sure. We should be able to release it next week, right?" Josh asked.

"Yeah, I think so. The clique is going to loose it." I replied. Josh laughed.

"Probably. I'll let you get to it. Goodnight, fren." He said.

"Night." I answered. I hung up and went to my computer.

It took me about three hours to piece together the music video. By the time I had finished, it was nearly three am. I didn't mind at all. If it meant that I could help the clique get through tough times, I would stay up all night.

Although I was proud of the video, I was still slightly doubtful. I had hoped the clique wouldn't be upset that we were only releasing a single and not an album. I shook off the feeling of doubt.

The clique was always grateful. Of course they would like the song. Josh and I were lucky to have them.

(This was probably one of my favorite short stories to write. I haven't come across any fan-fictions that spread awareness for Covid-19. I wanted to be the one fic that did. Much love, and stay safe always!)