fake date (tyler)

pairing: tyler joseph x reader
word count: 1689
tw: drama😱

"yeah, i'll be there." tyler said and hung up. i sat up.

"who was that?" i asked him.

"it was my ex, jenna. she's having a party tonight and wanted me to come. i guess she got a new boyfriend and wants me to meet him." he replied. i nodded, slowly. tyler and jenna were together for a little over a year. she never made time for him because she was a model and eventually she left him. he was heartbroken, but i was there for him. after all, that's what best friends are for.

"i didn't know you guys were friends. i mean, i didn't think you'd want to be." i said.

"i didn't think we genuinely were either. i thought we were only talking because our fans urged us to stay friends. but, here i am. i guess i have to go to her party." tyler told me.

"didn't have to say yes." i said.

"yeah but, you know her." he replied.

"i do indeed." i agreed. i never liked jenna. she was nasty towards me and always told me to stay away from tyler. i always pushed it off as her being a stuck up model, but it still always bothered me.

*ding*

tyler reached for his phone and checked it. once he did, he stood up quickly.

"well, shit." he cussed.

"language." i scolded, jokingly.

"jenna wants me to bring my new girlfriend." tyler announced.

"uhm, that's funny. you don't have a new girlfriend." i said.

"exactly." he sighed. i still felt confused.

"why does she think you do then?" i asked. tyler began to look around rapidly.

"i may or may not have told her i do." he replied. i face palmed.

"you idiot." i said. he shrugged.

"what am i supposed to do?" he asked.

"should've thought about that, eh?" i said.

i sat back down on the couch and scrolled through instagram. tyler stayed standing up as if he was thinking of a solution to his problem. he should've known that if he told jenna he got a new girlfriend, she'd want to meet her.

"i have an idea." tyler announced. i knew his idea already. not only because i knew him, but it came to my mind too.

"what's your idea?" i asked.

tyler got on one knee and took my hand. he smirked.

"(y/n) (l/n) will you be my fake date tonight?" he proposed, jokingly. i laughed out loud.

"yeah. right. like jenna's gonna believe that." i said, sarcastically.

"please (y/n)." tyler begged. part of the reason why i wanted to say no was because deep down i had feelings for tyler. and i knew he didn't return them. i didn't want to waste my time going on a fake date with him, when part of me would pretend it was real.

but looking at tyler and his stupid puppy dog eyes, i knew i just had to give in.

"fine, i'll go." i gave in. a genuine smile stretched across tyler's face.

"yay! the party is at 6 so we have about two hours. let's get ready." tyler told me.

"ugh you mean i can't wear sweats? that's lame." i complained.