agreement (josh)

pairing: josh dun x reader
word count: 738
tw: none

a/n: this is a josh dun x reader but it mostly focusses on josh and your daughter

"listen kid, you have got to eat." i told my six year old daughter, venus. she simply shook her head and pushed away her plate.

"nope. nuh-uh, not hungry." venus insisted. i sighed and put my head in my hands.

my wife, (y/n), was out with friends which left me with venus. venus never really listened to me, because she was used to me spoiling her while (y/n) set down the rules. so you think, leaving me with venus she's not going to listen to me. she was not.

"you just want to watch peppa pig. it'll still be there once you finish dinner, i promise." i tried to reason with her. yet, she still insisted.

"i'm. not. hungry." venus insisted. i sighed. this kid seriously got her stubbornness from her mother.

i didn't want to seem mean, i always tried to be laid back, but she wasn't listening.

"fine. you're not leaving this table until you eat your mac n cheese." i decided. venus scrunched up her eyebrows.

"but dad-"

"i mean it, v."

i walked away from the table and sat at the counter. i rested my head in my hands as i pondered my thoughts.

(y/n) made it seem so easy. that's why i agreed to just stay with venus instead of having a babysitter. but i couldn't even get her to eat mac n cheese.

dad of the year award goes to: josh dun.

just then, an amazing idea hit me.

i walked up to the table. venus was still not eating. i sat in front of her and smiled.

"i'll tell you what, if you eat all of your mac n cheese, i'll take you down to the basement and let you play my drums." i said. venus' face lit up like a christmas tree.

"really?!" she exclaimed. i nodded.

"yep, but you have to eat your mac n cheese."

"dealio, daddio." venus said.

she practically inhaled her mac n cheese. even though i had to bribe her into eating it, i felt proud of myself for getting her to eat. when she finished, i washed her plate and we walked downstairs together.

she eyed my drumset and looked at me, as if to make sure it was okay to play. i nodded and she ran towards them and sat down.

"wait!" i called. she looked at me and i tossed her my snapback.

"now you're officially me." i joked. she giggled and it was the cutest thing ever.

"yay!" she called. venus grabbed a set of drumsticks and made eye contact with me. "one, two, three, four!"

venus began banging the drums and i burst into laughter. she wasn't going in any sort of beat, she was just freestyling.

"trying, trying, to sleep!" i heard venus sing. i realized she was trying to drum guns for hands. i continued laughing as she drummed.

"guns for hands!" venus sang and then stopped drumming. she looked towards me for approval. "how'd i do?"

"way better than i ever could. in fact, i better not show uncle tyler or he'll replace me with you." i told her. she giggled.

"i'm tired now." she yawned. i smiled.

"ready for bed?" i asked her. venus nodded and i picked her up.

i brought her to her room and placed her in bed. she showered earlier so she was already in her pajamas. i tucked her in and i kissed her forehead.

"did you have fun, playing with my drums?" i asked my daughter. she nodded happily.

"yup. i wanna be just like you." venus told me. i felt a ping of happiness hit as i realized my daughter looked up to me.

"aw, i love you kiddo." i told her.

"i love you too, dad. also, can you call jim? i wanna cuddle him."

"sure! jim!"

my golden retriever arrived and immediately jumped up to sit by venus. he tackled her with kisses and she giggled like crazy.

"goodnight, venus." i said.

"goodnight, dad." she replied.

i walked out of her room and sat on the couch in the living room. i rested my head on my hand and closed my eyes for what i thought would just be a minute, but i fell asleep.