rules; part three (tyler)

pairing: tyler joseph x reader
word count: 743
tw: none

"zack?!" i exclaimed. i stayed standing by the door. of all the things it could be, i didn't once ponder the idea that zack would be waiting for me.

"hey..can we talk?" he asked me. i nodded, vigorously.

"of course." i replied.

zack and i left the house. i told my parents we were going for a walk and they smiled and gave us a thumbs up.

"i'm so sorry," zack started as we began walking. "i can't even explain how much i am. i know you probably hate me. i ignored you all throughout the rest of highschool because i was jealous of my brother because you loved him and not me. i never should have thrown our friendship away for that."

i was silent for a moment, taking in his words. after five years, he was finally talking to me. that's all i ever wanted.

"i forgive you." i said. zack stopped walking.

"you do?" he asked. i gave a small smile and nodded.

"of course i do. we were best friends for way longer than not. you're practically family to me." i told him. he smiled.

"i'm so glad to have you back. i know i don't deserve a friend as good as you. what i did was so petty.." zack said. i shook my head.

"no, no. let's put it behind us. and from now on, i'll stick to the 'no brother' rule. i know how much it means to you." i replied. zack stopped walking again.

"screw the rule. we're adults now. that was so childish of me." he told me. i felt a smile threaten at the corners of my mouth.

"but i thought-"

"i'm over you, don't worry. i have a girlfriend now. her name is tatum. she's amazing. and if you're wondering if tyler is still into you, not a day has gone by where he hasn't reminded me how i messed everything up for all of us." zack interrupted me. i finally smiled.

"really?" i asked.

"yes." he replied. "now tell me, how was college?"

zack and i talked about everything that has gone on for the past five years. turns out, both zack and tyler went to college for a term and decided to come back. zack told me tyler started a band and he might even feature zack in one of the new songs.

"you're going to be singing? i can't even imagine it." i giggled.

"rapping, actually." he corrected me.

"okay, slim shady." i joked. we both died laughing. it was as if we never stopped being friends.

we made it back to my house. i felt so much better. but there was another thing i needed to do.

"zack, does tyler still live with your parents?" i asked. he nodded.

"yeah we both do at the moment." he replied.

"do you mind giving me a ride?" i asked.

"i don't mind at all." zack said.

we got into his car and drove to his house. i prayed that zack was right and tyler was still into me. five years was a long time.

when we made it to his house, zack stopped me from going to the front door.

"use the back door, and you can temporarily avoid a conversation with my mom and dad. tyler's probably in his room." zack informed me. i smiled.

"thanks." i thanked him.

i ran to the back and went through the backdoor. i went up the stairs and found tyler's room. deja vu hit me like a bus.

be bold

be bold

be bold, (y/n)

i knocked on the door. tyler opened it and jumped a little. i knew he wasn't expecting me.

"(y-y/n)? what are you doing here?" he asked. i took a deep breath. i needed to be bold.

"i love you tyler joseph. i'm sorry it's taken me so long to tell you. but i love you." i told him. he immediately pulled me into a kiss. it was much like the one in highschool, giving me deja vu for the second time that night. he pulled away and smiled.

"i take it zack talked to you?" tyler asked.

"he did indeed." i replied.

"i love you too, by the way." he told me. i blushed.

"welcome home, (y/n)."

a/n: could've ended this mini-series a little better but, chile. hope it was good.