jealous (tyler)

pairing: tyler joseph x reader
word count: 727
tw: slight angst

"i'm really excited to see this movie with you, (y/n). i've missed you so much during tour." tyler told me, as we walked towards the front doors of the cinema.

"i'm excited too. i'm glad you're finally home for the next year or so." i replied. tyler held the door open for me and we walked inside.

we made our way to the front counter to order our tickets. there was a kid waiting there, who had to be about 16 or 17. when he saw me, he gave me a smile.

"what can i get for you?" he asked as tyler was still trailing behind me.

"just two tickets to the 6:15 run of (insert movie name) please."

"of course." the boy handed me the tickets. "enjoy the movie, gorgeous."

i sharply inhaled and grasped tyler's hand, praying he wouldn't say anything to the boy. he was just a teenager, that's how they were.

tyler and i walked silently to the concession stand to grab snacks. there was a girl with purple hair and winged eyeliner running it.

"what can i get you two?" she asked. i smiled, relieved that she wasn't hitting on either of us.

"just two things of popcorn." tyler replied.

"and a coke please." i chimed in.

"okay, cutie." the girl said.

"actually, i'm with her. sorry." tyler told the girl. she let out a small scoff.

"oh sorry, i was actually talking to her. i'm gay, haha."

i let out a nervous chuckle as she gave me my coke and tyler the popcorns. i felt bad because tyler had watched me get hit on and i never said much to the people. the truth was, i wasn't used to it.

tyler and i made our way to the screening room. there was nobody else in there- which was odd, given there was only two cinemas in columbus- so we decided to sit in the very front.

as the movie started, i couldn't help but noticed tyler's mood was off. it wasn't just his frown, but the vibes he was giving were much different than when we walked into the cinema.

"talk to me." i said. tyler looked over at me.

"what do you mean?"

"i know you're upset. i can't be there for you if you don't talk to me, babe."

"i'm fine." he lied.

i decided to not push it any further. i knew he would eventually talk to me. surely enough, i was right.

"does everyone always hit on you like this while i'm gone? boy or girl, teenager or adult?" tyler asked. i took his hand.

"no. i don't know why it was like that tonight." i replied honestly.

"because you're drop dead gorgeous."

i blushed deeply. i was glad the theater was dark so tyler couldn't see.

"i'm being honest." he told me. i shook my head.

we were silent for a few more moments. i sensed tyler had more to say, but i knew i could be wrong.

"i don't deserve you." tyler said quietly. "it's not right for me to go on tour for eight months and then get jealous because you get hit on by two people."

i faced tyler. i couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. they were all 100% false.

"how could you say that? of course you deserve me. and actually, i should have said something when that girl and that boy flirted with me. i was stunned, because it doesn't usually happen. but still, i'm yours, tyler." i replied to tyler.

"it's not your fault that they hit on you. i'm sorry i'm making such a big deal out of this, it happens."

"no, you have a right to. you just got back from tour and this is our first date in eight months."

"i love you, (y/n)."

"i love you too, tyler."

i rested my head on his shoulder and we continued watching the movie. i was happy he was home and i was glad we resolved everything that happened before the movie.

eventually, my eyes drooped closed and i fell asleep, my head still on tyler's shoulder.

a/n: i'm currently working on a tyler joseph x reader fanfiction, so my updates may be less frequent. i apologized for the inconvenience.