What Are We Waiting For?

Warning: talks of night terrors. Super sweet. You might die of sweetness... oh, also cursing.

Words 2688

_

Night terrors: Episodes of screaming, intense fear, and flailing while still asleep, often paired with sleepwalking.

Tyler definitely had night terrors. Y/n would wake up in the night to feel Tyler's elbow hit her arm, and it isn't a nice feeling. She would also hear his screams, so loud that she was sure it woke the whole city. The whole city but him.

She scooted off the bed quickly, to avoid getting hit any more. One time she had a bruise on her shoulder because of it. Tyler wouldn't look at her for days, he would barely even set foot near her.

She rushed around the bed to his side to maybe stop his flailing arms. She hated when he had these nightmares, it was a living nightmare for her. They scared her to death.

"Tyler..." she started quietly before saying it louder. "Tyler calm down, please."

He seemed to calm down at her touch, but he still wouldn't wake up, and little whimpers escaped his mouth.

"Okay..." she whispered to herself, as she wrapped her arms around his chest, and pulled him out of the bed.

She had to basically drag him to the bathroom. Not something she liked to do often.

Once she got him in the shower, she began to remove his clothing. He was soaked with sweat, and his shirt was stuck to his chest. She also removed her clothes, deciding its best not to leave him to shower by himself.

She didn't mind washing him in the shower, because she has done it before. They've passed the sleeping together point, and now live together. She was slowly getting used to caring for Tyler when he had an episode.

She slowly turned the water on, and right when the water made contact with Tyler's skin his eyes opened wide, as more tears overflowed his vision.

He tried to stand up, but y/n calmed him down. "Hey, baby, it's okay. You can sit."  She soothed. His breathing relaxed slightly once the water began to get warm. He slouched down, covering his face with his hands as he cried.

Y/n wrapped her arms around him. Tyler excepted the embrace, and buried his face into her shoulder, letting out more sobs than before.

"I'm sorry, I- I'm I-" the water was dripping from off his head, down his face, and into his mouth. He soon stopped trying to speak, because he hated the feeling of the water dripping from his mouth.

Y/n ran her hand through his hair, placing small kisses every once and while. "It's okay." She whispered, leaning her head onto his.

"Thank you." He sniffled, finally being able to speak clearly.

"I don't ever want you to feel this way, okay? Know that I am always beside you."

"Never leave me." He mumbled, wrapping his arms  around her tighter as if she'd disappear.

"Never leave you." She muttered back.

ಠ_ಠ

Tyler's knee dug into the carpet below him, because his weight was relying on that one knee.

He balanced himself before pulling out an imaginary ring from his pocket. Before he could get through with the motion he was falling over.

"Oh fuck..." he caught himself just in time with his palm, and decided to just sit down. "I'm screwed Josh. There's no way she's going to say yes, look at me!" He gestured to himself, and Josh only laughed.