You're Strong.

Warnings: sadness?

Words 577

ಠ_ಠ

Y/N thought long and hard on what move she was going to use. Tyler and her were playing Risk, and it was to either conquer China, or Madagascar, and she had always made sure she always had Madagascar as her territory. The problem was she had a better chance of winning if she got China.

It was a battle between her gut telling her China and her stubbornness telling her to take over Madagascar.

She rubbed her bottom lip, pinching it in between her fingers and twisting it around. That's what she usually did when she thought.

Tyler patiently waited, a smug smirk on his face, knowing perfectly well what was causing the dilemma.

"Ladies and gentlemen which do you think she's going to choose? Leave it in the comments below!" Tyler teased, and Y/N pushed his shoulder.

"Shut up! I'm thinking." She sighed, as she looked between China and Madagascar.

Tyler sat cris-cross, leaning himself back on his arm as he patiently waited.

That's when a nurse came in with a needle. "It's time for your chemo, Mr. Joseph."

Both Y/N and Tyler looked up. Y/N having a sympathetic look. Though, Tyler was completely opposite. His brows were curved downwards into an angry manner.
"Really? Right now? Right at this moment when I'm trying to have special time with my wife? Are you serious?" Tyler grumbled.

Tyler wasn't the best with the staff in the hospital. He said they were making him worse, and that he could handle it himself. He had cancer. How was he going to handle that himself? He also hated when Y/N saw the nurse's working on him. Y/N guessed it was because he didn't want to seem weak in front of her. Her heart was broken every time.

"Ty, it's okay. At least this time I can hold your hand through it." Y/N spoke supportively and gripped his hand. Tyler let out a complaining grunt but said no words.

The nurse silently lifted Tyler's sleeve, preparing for the shot.

"Okay, I want you to take a deep breath and count down from ten." She instructed.

Tyler rolled his eyes, but obliged and took a deep breath. He felt the needle's sharp pain engulf his arm spreading around his body. He tightened his grip around Y/N's hand and began to count. "20... 19... 18... 17... 16..." And so on.

Y/N quietly laughed to herself that he started on 20 instead of 10 like the nurse asked. She could tell it was just to be spiteful with the nurse.

He let out a breath at 10 and she took the needle from his skin. He leaned his head back letting out another rough breath, trying to calm the stinging sensation.

Y/N let a small frown form on her face and she leaned her head on his shoulder, her left hand gently rubbing circles on his bicep.

He squeezed her hand again, before squeezing his eyes shut as a way to clear the tears forming and looked back down.

"Alright, China or Madagascar?" Tyler quizzed, covering up his hatred for the life he was given with a small smile.

Y/N only stared at him for a moment, thinking of how strong and brave he was. Even though he felt he was weak, and held back. "Madagascar." She did a small sweet smile.

"Well, then I take China. I win."

ಠ_ಠ

I'm back! For a while. Might leave again some day, not sure. But I can't stop writing these stories! My notes are filled with them, so here I am :)