Telling the Parents

Warnings: mentions throw up. Gross.

Words 665

Description: this is a more detailed description of a section in my last short story of Tyler telling his parents Y/N is pregnant.

(*☻-☻*)

Today we were going to Tyler's parents house for dinner. We were going to break the big news that I am pregnant, and that it's a healthy pregnancy so far.

Tyler says it's going to be a piece of cake, and that his parents are easy to talk to. this'll be just like any other day, he told me in the car on the way there.

"Hey!" Tyler's mom said in her high greeting voice. She hugged Tyler and I, before taking our coats and setting them in the living room.

"How are you guys?" She asked overjoyed.

"We're good." Tyler replied.

"We're great actually! So much is happening." I hinted to the pregnancy and Kelly nodded her head.

"Really? Can't wait to hear about it. The spaghetti and chicken are almost done." She waved her hand for us to follow her into the kitchen where we were greeted by the wonderful smell of cooked chicken and tomato sauce.

"Hey kids." Tyler's dad got up from his place and set his newspaper down. He walked over and hugged us both, then sat back down at his reserved chair.

"So, Y/N how is everything? Job wise and stuff." Kelly asked.

"It's good, my mom was sorta freaking out because she's becoming a grandparent." I hinted once again, I thought for sure she'd get this.

"Oh, is your sister having a little one?" She brought the plates out and my eyes got wide. She really doesn't understand. "That's so sweet."

"N-" Tyler tried to correct her, but I stopped him.

"Yeah, she's excited to be a grandparent. Could you imagine that?" I looked at Tyler and it took him a second to realize and smile.

"Oh no, I'm to young." She chuckled as she returned to the stove. I looked over at a ghostly Tyler; his eyes wide.

His whole face went pale, and he looked as if he's about to throw up. He then rocketed out of the chair and ran upstairs.

And I thought I was supposed to be throwing up.

"Oh, is he okay?" Chris asked, and I nodded.

"He- he's feeling a little sick. I'll check on him." I got up and walked up the stairs. "Love?"

"In here." A struggling voice said, before a gag and cough.

I walked into the bathroom, and rubbed his back.

"Aw, this isn't that bad." You tried to reassure him.

"Not that bad? Y/N, she literally just dissed the entire idea." He said and he took some toilet paper to wipe his mouth. "Sorry, this is terrible."

"No, it's okay. But we have to go down there and tell them." I said.

"Aw, they're going to kill me for making them grandparents."

"No they're not. She was just messing around." I rubbed his back and helped him up.

"Your mom was so much easier." He replied, and he began slowly walking down the steps.

"So how is your life right now, Tyler?" Kelly began a conversation.

"Um, it's good. I've done a lot of productive things." He nodded, and I could see the sweat on his forehead from nerves. I reached under the table and grabbed his hand.

"Oh like what? New album?" She asked, and Tyler squeezed my hand tightly.

"Yeah, stuff like that." He nodded. "I've created 4 new songs, and I've picked up how to play the Bass. Jøsh and I are thinking of the new color theme now, and we're pregnant. So yeah very busy and productive." He said quickly, and I couldn't help but laugh at his attempt to be casual.

"That's ni- wait, what?" She stood up from her chair and a big smile engulfed her face.

"That's my son!" Chris said, reaching for a highfive. Tyler chuckled and got up to hug his mom.

She started to cry, and said this was the happiest day ever.

Tyler then began to feel better, and we enjoyed the night together.

(*☻-☻*)

Just something short from the last one I did. I'm writing a new one tonight as well so yee.◉‿◉