Confessions

Warnings: none.

1962 words

This is based off of a TV show that I watched. The Mentalist. So yeah 😁

(*☻-☻*)

•few weeks ago•

You and Tyler have been best friends for a while. You two would do everything together, bowl together, watch movies together, and have sleepovers together.

Ever since you were little you've had a thing for him, but he didn't seem to like you back.  Literally AT ALL. No signs had pointed that he did, and nothing that he's said has hinted to it either.

Sometimes you wondered why he even was your friend. Why be friends with you if it's just as friends? What's the point? What's that going to go?

Those were the thoughts in your mind, but you quickly got rid of them. You can't think like that, because you're happy being his friend just as you would be happy being more than that.

Stop dreaming Y/N. It'll never happen. You thought to yourself.

•present day•

Today you got a job offer in LA. That's a long ways from Columbus, Ohio. Tyler has asked for you to accompany him to Taco Bell.

You decided that you're gonna tell him then. It'll be hard for how much time you guys spend together, but it has to be done. You weren't even sure if you were going to take the offer. You were going to wait to ask Tyler, he gives the best advice.

When you arrive you spot Tyler and wave to him, sitting down.

"Hello, Y/N" He says, giving you a small smile. He smile back, and nod your head.

"So I have some news." You began.

"Good or bad?"

"Um, well I'm not sure. The news is that I got a job offer in LA and I might take it." You smile at him warmly, but his smile fades. His face looks pale as if he was just hit in the gut. So your smile fades too. "Tyler? Are you okay?" You wait for a response but don't get one so you continue. "It pays good money, and I know it's really far away, but I think it'll be good. A fresh start y'know?"

"You want a fresh start? Why is this getting old for you?" He mumbles, you can tell my his tone he seems a little mad. You furrow your eyebrows. That isn't what you were expecting.

"Well, no-"

"Well, then fine. Take the job, leave me here it's fine." He finally looks up at you, anger in his eyes and he flings his arms into the air.

"Tyler..."

"You know what? Just leave." He raises his voice, turning some heads. He points to the door. You gulp, and your heart sinks into your chest, and you feel like crying. What is wrong with him today? You gulp down the tears, and put on the best angry face you can. You weren't really angry but he has no reason to treat you that way.

"Fine. I was actually going to ask if I should take it. But I guess it doesn't matter anymore." You turn your head and walk away before you can see his reaction. You wouldn't be able to deal with it.

•time of flight•

You excepted the job and the flight was today. It had been 3 days since your fight with Tyler's and he has been trying to contact you nonstop. You weren't mad at first, but now thinking about it you really were.