Truce

Warnings: mention of suicide, and sadness.

Words 1569

(*☻-☻*)

You jolted awake once you hear a loud gasp.

You turned your gaze frantically to the right of you to see your husband, Tyler breathing heavily.

He was drenched in sweat, and his shoulders were shaking making him look like he was cold, but you knew better.

"Oh, baby." You embraced him in a hug the best you could while still laying down. You rubbed his tense figure with your hands to calm him.

You could hear his breathing quicken and soft sobs escaped his mouth.

"It's okay. It's alright." You comforted him, and lifted your hand to press his cheek closer to your embrace. He was sweaty but you didn't mind. He needed you.

Once his sobs seemed to subside you brushed your fingers through his wet sweaty hair. His breathing became more relaxed and you hummed happily.

"Do you want to talk about it?" You asked, as you lift your head from his chest to look into his eyes.

His eyes were full of fear. They looked as if he just saw a murder happen right in front of his eyes, and he couldn't do anything about it. The once happy gleam in his pupils were gone, and all you saw was sadness and tears threatening to escape.

"Y- you left me, a- and I tried to kill myself. I woke up just as I kicked the ch- chair." He stuttered miserably. And your once reassuring smile became a full on sad one as you thought about it.

"I would never. You know this." You caressed his cheek, which he seemed to enjoy because he leaned his cheek further into your hand. He closed his eyes letting one tear escape, and he took a deep breath.

"I know you won't." He whispered, and moved your wet hand, made from his tears, to his lips to kiss it.

"Are you going to be okay? can you go back to sleep?" You questioned, as you returned your reassuring smile.

"Yeah, I'll be okay." He lied, and he motioned you to lay your head on his chest.

"Do you think they're back?" You inquired, and he took a deep breath. He knew exactly what you were talking about.

You were talking about the multiple sleepless nights he had in high school. The ones that mysteriously vanished once he married the love of his life, who kept him safe from the demons of the dark.

"You don't have to worry about it okay?" He whispered gently, as he ran his fingers through your hair. You calmingly closed your eyes to think, and soon enough you were asleep.

(*☻-☻*)

You took a deep breath as you opened your eyes. You groggily stretched your arms over your head, and turned to feel for your husband's embrace.

But he wasn't in bed next to you, so you lifted your head to look around.

He wasn't anywhere in sight, so you pulled the covers away from your body and made contact with the hard wood floor.

That's when you heard a small noise coming from the kitchen, so you lifted yourself off the bed and made your way downstairs. Tyler had probably gotten up a little bit earlier than you and started breakfast.

You rubbed your eyes and yawned tiredly as you made your way in the kitchen. You sat down, and gave him a little wave.

"Morning beautiful." He rasped as he came over to kiss your cheek. You hummed in delight, and Tyler mimicked your smile.