chapter 29

Mishika POV

Ridhima Di helped me to change my heavy lengha to a less heavy golden saree .

I was just wearing my wedding bangles ....mangalsutra ... engagement ring .....toe rings , Anklets and hairline filled with sindoor.

I myself couldn't stop gushing over my new look . My hands were filled with Henna .
Ridhima Di put a crystal bindi in between my brows.

I swear Mishika ...If I were a boy I would have kidnapped you and married you no matter what ....she said making me chuckle.

Ohhhh god Bhabhi you look so beautiful....Bhai is such a lucky man  yrrrr ....One of his cousins sister said making me blush .

Bhabhi abhi se itna Sharma rahi ho aap ....abhi toh Puri raat baaki h .....another one who is married said and My heartbeat raced knowing the meaning behind her words but I don't know if he would initiate something like that or not today .

But still I am nervous and excited both as it's going to be our first night together as a husband and wife .

I don't expect physical closeness but we can talk to each other ....share our views, can bond emotionally, can talk about our future , our families and many more things as such...

They teased me a lot and then escorted me to his or I can say 'our ' room which was decorated with flowers and scented candles.

I blushed at the thought of him and me being in this same room .
They talked to me for some time and then left to look for him as they wanted their neg (money or some gift as a part of the ritual ).

They waited for some time for him to come but when he didn't they went to sleep as it was quite late at night .

I kept sitting on the bed waiting for him thinking about what should I talk about .
Hmmm....I will ask him about his likes , dislike and will share mine with him .

If he would like to sleep then we can do that too as I am also bit tired .
I am happy any ways .

I looked at the clock and it was 3 am and he has not come till now .
Where is he ? I thought for a moment and then walked into the balcony to get some fresh air as I was feeling sleepy sitting on the bed and I don't want to fall asleep before he comes home.

After half an hour I decided to check ones in the hall but to my surprise the house was completely silent .
Everyone is sleeping in their rooms but he was no where .

The thought of him leaving the house on our first night without even letting me know brought tears to my eyes .
Didn't he know that I will be waiting for him .

I changed my clothes and cleared the flowers from the bedsheet as the candles have already blown out.

I paid on the bed feeling hurt and sleep took over me as I was completely exhausted physically and mentally both .

Next morning........

I woke up as my Alam went off and looked beside me .
He didn't came back home last night .
Maybe koi emergency hogi .....I thought being positive.

I walked to the washroom and took a warm bath and did my morning routine.
I wore a green saree and left my long hairs open filling my hairline with sindoor.

After doing a minimal makeup and applying lipstick I left downstairs.

I greeted Maa who kissed my forhead putting a kajal dot behind my ears.
I greeted all his maasi , bua  , Chachi  , Tai ji and other ladies that were present in the hall .

Maa offered me a cup of tea and I took it sitting beside her .
They all started chatting and Maa introduced me with some of her friends whom I couldn't meet yesterday.