chapter 24

God bless you both....Revati ji said hugging both Mishika and Abhimanyu as they exchanged rings .

Yup today is their engagement ceremony.
Both wanted to keep it small and intimate although Revati ji wanted everything grand but for now Abhimanyu was marrying Mishika,which was enough for her .

She will fulfill her desires in the wedding most probably.
Abhimanyu smiled seeing his mother's happiness.
Sunny was out of the country so he was not able to attend their engagement.
Pooja was present there and was happy for her friend .

Mishika's Chachi was fuming but couldn't say anything as she feared Abhimanyu and his family as they are influential people.
They had a family photograph and then Ridhima insisted or literally forced them to pose for some couple photographs .
They all sat for lunch . Mishika was having mixed feelings. She was happy and sad at the same time .

Today she was missing her parents and on top of that she knew the reality of their relationship and where they stand but she has hopes for a good future with him as he promised.

She has always admired him and has feelings for him . Her heart has started weaving hopes yet again that someday he will reciprocate her feelings too .

She looked at him who was playing with the ring finger in some daze .
She knew he must be thinking about Shreya at this moment as they might have planned future together and must have talked about all these things.

He looked up and his gaze met her . He gave a small smile that looked absolutely forced and she diverted her attention to her food .
She knew everything but still her heart ached seeing him thinking about his past .

Everyone was discussing about wedding and other things after lunch and Mishika excused herself.
She felt suffocated all of a sudden and wanted some fresh air .

She excused herself and came out in the balcony. The sun was about to set and the birds are flying back to their nest .
She was so lost in her surroundings that she didn't notice Abhimanyu who sat beside her on the swing until he cleared his throat.

She looked at him and smiled slightly that he reciprocated.
Are you okay ? He asked her after a few moments of silence.
Yeahhhh...she said playing with her fingers in her lap .

No body spoke after that and both sat there in comfortable silence.
Abhimanyu was observing her and knew that she was thinking a lot about everything going on in their lives .

He could see a hint of sadness in her eyes . Well he himself was going through a lot of emotions but he felt bad for her .
He held her hand in between his palms .

Mishika what happened....he asked softly caressing the back of her hand and that's all it took for her tears to flow down her eyes that she was holding for so long .
I_I don't know....she hiccuped bowing her head down .

Heyyy....shhh You can share it with me if something is bothering you ...he said cupping her face and making her look at him and she sobbed harder.

I am missing my parents so much today . There is this unknown void .... everyone is happy but I feel like crying out loud....she said in between her cries .

He let her went out her pent up emotions.
Mishika sobbered up after sometime and she finally felt relaxed . He gave her some water and she thanked him .
Are you happy?? He asked all of a sudden making her look at him with a frown.

He turned towards her and asked her again .
Are you happy being engaged to me ?.

Everyone is happy.....she said playing with her ring .
I am not asking about everyone. What about you ..he asked.

Hmmm...she just nodded her head and he sighed shaking his head .
He tugged at her chin making her look up .
What is it ? I know there is something that is bothering you . If you are sad thinking about my past then don't be .

I will be very honest with you in  this relationship. What was in my past won't be a problem in our future ....he assured her and she smiled looking at him .
Uhhmmmm.... someone cleared their throat breaking their moment.
Ridhima was standing there with a teasing smile .

So sorry for the disturbance but I have a really good news for both of you.... Ridhima said mischievously grinning from ear to ear .

What ??? Abhimanyu asked rolling his eyes at his dramatic sister .
Your wedding  has been fixed to be held after a month ....she announced clapping her hand but then scowled seeing their normal reaction.

Aren't you both happy....she asked to which Abhimanyu just sighed while Mishika gave her a sweet smile .
His phone rang and he excused himself leaving the two to chat behind .

Abhimanyu and his family left after sometime. He asked her to take care of herself and tell him if she finds something odd around her and not to take a risk .

Mishika assured him that she will be careful and Ridhima pulled their leg teasing them making Mishika blush while Abhimanyu had just ignored his sister's remarks as always .

It was after dinner, Mishka was gazing the stars sitting on her balcony swing .
She was unconsciously playing with her ring rewinding all the happenings of the day .

Her Daadi was extremely happy and was doing everything so enthusiastically.
She was behaving like it was her engagement Raunak has commented earlier and Mishika chuckled remembering how they joked around their cute Daddi .

A red hue spred over her cheeks remembering how he consoled her when she was crying and how he was observing her behaviour all the time .
Her mind was messed up that time but now she felt extremely happy thinking about him and their future.

Do comment guys.
Finally Abhimanyu and Mishka are engaged... 💍..💕💕