Chapter 62 Chapter 11 of Umi's Story

Umi's POV - Age 17 - Jonin

"Yo." He says and I jump, my concentration breaking.

"Shisui, I was busy." I complain as he laughs.

"What were you working on?" Shisui asks me.

I sit back down in my chair. "The petition to shut ROOT down once and for all." I say and Shisui sighs in relief at the fact that I'm helping and he closes my door and I hand over what I wrote down and he start reading the draft. "Of course, that's the draft, I'll be rewriting again with proper wording." I say and Shisui nods and hands it back.

"That's good, thanks Umi, then I suppose Kakashi gave you the information then?" Shisui asks and I nod.

"With this, I can shut it down, I just need approval from the Land of Fire's Feudal Lords and Lord Hokage's approval." I say to Shisui as I lean back into my chair. "So, Shisui, what are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Your Mother invited me to dinner, she's looking for a boyfriend for you, I wasn't aloud to say no, literally, she just saw me buying groceries earlier today at the market and invited me and left before I could protest." Shisui says to me.

I groan put my head in my hands. "I knew when she didn't clean my room against my will, she was up to something." I say and Shisui sweat drops.

"That's how you know?" Shisui asks me deadpanning.

"Yeah and she told me to come back before dinner, I'm assuming this is what she meant." I say and Shisui nods.

Mother walks in and looks at us. "Umi, get cleaned up for dinner and wear something nice." Mother says to me and I raise an eyebrow.

"Mother, I'm not you, I'm not like all the other kunoichi, my version of nice, is my uniform." I say to her and Shisui nods.

"This is true." Shisui says and Mother just points to the box on my bed that I already looked at.

"No." I say to her and she pouts and I get up and shoo everyone out of my room. "I'll get changed into something, just stay out of my room while I'm doing so." I say to them and Shisui smirks and I roll my eyes at him as I push him out the door and Mother follows and I go back into my room.

"Don't think about escaping." Mother says to me.

I just close the door and walk to my closet and I grab a black long sleeve shirt with the Uchiha crest and loose sleeves that go past my hands while as the rest of the shirt is form fitting, and a pair of black leggings. I walk into my bathroom and change and I let my hair out of its pony tail and it lands at my hips, I brush through it and once I'm finished it looks silky soft, I brush my bangs down and they land over my eyebrows and I look at myself in my mirror before I walk out of my room and I sit down in the dinning room where Itachi and Shisui are.

Itachi looks at me. "What happened to your bangs?" Itachi asks me.

"Some robber gang decided to attack me on my last mission and I narrowly avoiding one of their attacks and they cut my bangs." I say and Itachi nods and makes me sit with my back to him and Shisui try doing something with my hair and once their finished, its just a long loose braid. I smile amused at the boys as they sit back in their seats. "Good job." I say with a closed eyed smile and the two boys look away embarrassed as I sit in my seat with my legs folded under me as Father walks in and eyes me as he sits at the head of the table on the right of me.

"Shisui, why are you here?" Father asks him.

"Mrs. Yoshino invited me to dinner." Shisui says to him.

"Umi, go help your mother." Father says to me and I nod and get up and head to the kitchen.

"Did you father send you in here?" Mother asks me.