Chapter 31

3 Weeks Later - Umi's POV - Age 27 - Jonin/Mom

I stand in Lady Tsunade's office as a toad poofs in.

"Umi-Girl, Tsunade-Girl, I have bad news." The old toad says to us.

I look at him. "What is it?" I ask him.

"Jiraiya-Boy, is dead." The toad says and I stand there frozen.

"What?" Me and Lady Tsunade ask simultaneously.

I frown and Lady Tsunade calls Sakura, Naruto, Sai and Kakashi in. Naruto looks at me confused and I look away slightly.

"Umi, could you please?" Lady Tsunade asks me.

I look down slightly before I look at Naruto and I take a deep breath. "Naruto, Jiraiya is, well, he's dead." I say and Kakashi looks at me shocked as I look away and Naruto stands there frozen.

Naruto basically blames Lady Tsunade and I hit him on the head. "Itai, what was that for?" Naruto asks me.

"Look Naruto, I was in that meeting when Jiraiya decided to do this mission, Lady Tsunade isn't to blame, she was forced to let him go and do this mission, you and Jiraiya are so alike it's almost impossible to talk you guys out of anything, his mind was set and we couldn't talk him out of it." I say him and he walks out of the room and I sigh. "Just like Jiraiya." I say and Kakashi and Lady Tsunade nod in agreement.

Shiro walks in and looks at me. "Mom, why did Naruto look upset and mad?" Shiro asks.

"Uh oh." Me and Kakashi say simultaneously and I pick Shiro up.

"Well, his teacher died by some enemy ninja." I say and Shiro nods and I look at Kakashi.

"Can I go cheer him up?" Shiro asks me and I look at Kakashi to see him slightly shocked and my heart is just basically melting.

"Ok, go on and find him." I say as I set him down and he smiles and runs out of the room. "He's just like Itachi when he was a kid." I say and Kakashi nods in agreement.

"What about Sasuke?" Sakura asks me.

I pout a little. "Sasuke was always mean to me when he was a kid. He always chose Itachi over me." I say and I remember a couple times Sasuke would choose Itachi over me. "Then Itachi, Shisui and Kakashi would scare me, multiple times." I say and Kakashi chuckles nervously.

"Kakashi-Sensei would do that?" Sakura asks me and I nod.

"All the time, after all, we were teammates for years before we started dating." I say to her and I look at Lady Tsunade. "So, what was the mission you wanted me to go on?" I ask her and she holds out a folder and I look at it and I nod. "So I'm up to Sanin level missions now, alright." I say and Lady Tsunade nods.

Kakashi looks at the file. "You better be careful and come back." Kakashi says and kisses my forehead and I nod.

"Don't worry, I always come back, if it gets too dangerous, I'll use my advanced escape jutsu." I say to Kakashi and he nods. I walk out of the room and to the gates.

"Mission?" Izumo asks and I nod.

"I'm the top elite Jonin, I have to do Sanin level Missions now." I say and they nod and I leave.

After the Mission

I stand in Lady Tsunade's office and she sighs as she looks at me.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, I know how much you cared about Itachi, but, I got word that Sasuke killed Orochimaru and then killed Itachi." Lady Tsunade says to me and my eyes widen.