Chapter 40

An Hour Later - Umi's POV - Age 27 - Jonin/Mom

We head out and I follow Darui as we run alongside Gaara's Unit. Gaara and Darui glance at me and I smile at them reassuringly and we continue moving. Our Units split up and our unit heads to the shore line.

"Umi-Sensei, what is war like when its started?" Ten-Ten asks me quietly and I scratch the back of my neck.

"Hell." I say and she nods and I pull out my Katana's and we wait.

White Zetsu start coming out of the water and I immediately want to puke at how disgusting they look.

"Umi-Sensei?" Ten-Ten asks nervously.

"We wait for Darui's order." I state and she nods and the Darui gives the signal and we fight the Zetsu. I get surrounded by a group of Zetsu and I take them out with ease and I smirk slightly as they continue to come for me with mindless attacks and a confused look appears in my eyes. "Why am I being majorly targeted?" I ask and Darui shrugs.

"Maybe because your somehow related to Madara?" Darui asks.

"That might be it, that bitch can't fight for himself it seems like, but Kabuto probably wants to get rid of me since I pose a large threat against them." I say and Darui nods. "That or they just want to creep me out, but I think its the first one, though the second one is working, seriously, these things are disgusting." I say and Darui sweat drops as I kick one back and it flies into its kind and pushes a lot of them back into the water.

"Its the first one." Darui says to me and I nod.

Lucy takes out a Zetsu who was coming for me in my blind spot and I smile at her in thanks.

"Thanks Lucy." I say and she nods.

"Anytime." Lucy says and the two of us stand back to back as we get surrounded by a couple dozen Zetsu. "God these guys are sickening." Lucy says as she holds a hand over her mouth.

"You can say that again." I say and the two of us take them out.

"These guys are never ending." Lucy comments and I nod. "Your an Uchiha with a Sharigan, right? Can you see if more are coming?" Lucy asks.

"Doubtful, I'm not a Hyuga like my student Jay or Ten-Ten's teammate Neji." I say and she sighs in annoyance.

"I can't wait to go home and back to Uki and a semi-peaceful life with Jamie." Lucy says to me and I nod.

"I can't wait to go home to Shiro and spend and entire week at my cabin with him and Kakashi, and retire from my duties as a shinobi, these wars are too bothersome and stressful." I say and Lucy nods in agreement.

"I'm most likely gonna retire, Jamie won't though, he's a workaholic sometimes." Lucy says to me and I smile amused.

"I love how we're just chit-chatting while fighting, this is just amusing." I say and she giggles at that.

"Would you two focus?" Ten-Ten asks us and I shrug and kill another Zetsu who was behind her.

"Nah, I'm doing fine right now, I haven't even used my chakra once." I say to her and I pull out four kunai, throwing them in the heads of four Zetsu who were sneaking up on Darui and Samui.

"Thanks." Darui says to me I smile at him.

"No problem." I say and I take out five Zetsu with one stroke of one of my Katana's.

"You have to teach me Ken-Jutsu sometime." Lucy comments and I scratch the back of my neck.

"I learned from Orochimaru when I was around 9, maybe 10." I say and she stares at me shocked and I just shrug and continue killing the Zetsu with minimal strokes and soon enough, there's a voice in my head.