Chapter 59 Chapter 8 of Umi's Story

3 Day's Later - Umi's POV - Age 17 - Jonin

I stir and I sit up, feeling a lot better, considering the past month and a half.

"You ok now? You've been out for the past three days." Kakashi asks me.

"Yeah, thanks Kakashi." I say to him and he nods with a smile and continues reading his book.

After a while teleport back into my room and thankfully, no one is in here this time.

I change into some training clothes and I do a hand sign and I appear in Training Ground One.

I get to work on training as Kakashi watches while reading.

"You know, I've noticed something." I say as I kick the tree.

"And what's that?" Kakashi asks us.

"Both of us are Jonin, we've tested, what? 6 maybe 7 teams, and none of them were able to pass us and become Genin, you'd think, that we'd at least have one set of students who knew what the test was about." I say to Kakashi.

"Like our team." Kakashi says to me. "Even though I didn't consider you part of the team back then since your were small." Kakashi says to me.

I just shrug. "Team or not, I still passed." I say with a small smirk.

"And that's a good thing to." Kakashi says to me.

I nod. "Otherwise." I say and Kakashi nods.

After a while of training, we walk around the village and Guy runs up to us.

"MY YOUTHFUL RIVAL IT IS TIME FOR OUR DAILY CHALLENGE!" Guy yells and me and Kakashi deadpan.

"Alright." Kakashi says to him and I continue walking.

"Don't destroy anything you two." I say to them.

"YES MA'AM!" Guy yells and I nearly fall at that.

"USE MY NAME!" I yell at him and Kakashi chuckles.

"YES YOUTHFUL UMI!" Guy yells and I sweat drop and I just continue walking.

"UMI!" Kurenai yells and hugs me.

"Where, have, you been?" I ask her.

"A very long mission." She says with a small pout as we walk.

"Sheesh, I know how that is, I just spent a week in another country escorting a princess." I say to her.

"Was she at least nice?" Kurenai asks me.

I think back on a few scenario's with her. "Eh." I say and Kurenai pats my shoulder.

"I seriously, need food." Kurenai says to me.

I nod in agreement. "Same." I say to her.

"Should we ask Asuma, Kakashi and Guy to come?" Kurenai asks me.

"I don't even want to know what Kakashi and Guy are doing right now." I say and Kurenai sweat drops.

"Then Asuma?" Kurenai asks.

"He's on a mission." I say to her and she nods.

"Alright, just the two of us then, so barbeque?" Kurenai asks me and I nod.

We head to the barbeque place and we sit down and order.

"So, what was your mission about?" I ask her.

"The usual B-Rank mission to find a cure for arthritis." Kurenai says to me and I nod.

"I know how that is." I say to her and our meat gets here. "Thank you." I say to the waiter and he nods and leaves.