Chapter 35

A Week Later - Umi's POV - Age 27 - Jonin/Mom

"Again." I say to my students as they stand in front of me breathing heavily.

"Sensei, this is exhausting, can we take a break?" Ru asks me.

"No, we're preparing for war, I'm getting you guys in tip top shape, as fast as possible, if your exhausted, it means your stamina has gotten low." I say to her and she groans. "Now attack me again, you aren't going home till you land 10 solid blows on me." I say to them.

I train them and by the end of the day, they get ten hits and they're on the ground, completely exhausted while as I'm panting and bending over with my hands on my knee's.

"Get up, go home, be back here at 8 tomorrow morning." I say to them and they get up reluctantly.

"Sheesh, could you be anymore cruel today?" Ru asks me.

I smile. "Oh don't worry, tomorrow you'll be working on physical stamina by running, jumping and doing exercises." I say and she groans.

"Your relentless!" Ru yells at me and I smile. I grab my flack jacket as Ru leaves with Kiki and I look up at the sky.

"You done for the day?" Kakashi asks as he jumps down from the tree.

"Yes." I say and I slip my flack jacket on and I put my arms around Kakashi's neck as he keeps his arms around my waist. "You look a troubled, something wrong?" I ask him.

"Lady Tsunade has made me the leader of the Third Division, close combat." Kakashi says to me and I look at him.

"I don't want to go through war again and I know you don't either." I say and I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Last time was enough for me." Kakashi says to me and I nod.

"But, we have to fight, for Shiro's sake, after all, if Madara wins, its over for the Shinobi World and for everyone who lives in it." I say and Kakashi nods as he puts his head in the crook of my neck. "I just don't want to lose anyone else." I say quietly and Kakashi's grip on me gets tighter.

"Me neither." Kakashi says to me quietly.

"Kakashi, promise me one thing, if I don't get placed in your division, promise me you won't die." I say and my grip gets tighter. "I can't lose you Kakashi." I say quietly.

"And I can't lose you Umi, I promise, but, make me that promise as well." Kakashi says and I nod slightly.

"I promise, I love you Kakashi." I say quietly and the two of us just stand there in that position for a while.

We head home and fall asleep.

The Next Day

"400 laps around the training grounds, with 3 breaks, only consisting of 3 minutes, slack off and you'll be doing twice as many laps with only one break consisting of 2 minutes." I say to the three in front of me. "You too Kiki." I say and she barks and growls at me.

 "Why 400?" Jack asks me.

"In war, you have to have a lot of stamina, mainly because your running a lot, think about it 400 laps, 3 breaks, you rarely get breaks in war, even then, you barely even get a minute's rest, 5 minutes if your lucky." I say and the three nod while Kiki growls. "While as I will be doing the same amount of laps, with one break, all around Konoha, with my summons, Kovu, Taiga, Juko, Smoky, Shadow, Chestnut and Akaime." I say to them with a smirk as I summon them and my students pale slightly. "I have more endurance and more stamina than you guys, I should be able to finish before you." I say to my students.

We get to work and by the time I get back, my students are still running and my cats drop around me.

"That was too much work." Taiga says and I sit down.