Chapter 19

A Week Later - Umi's POV - Age 25 - Jonin

I lean against the wall in the Hokage office as I listen to the other Jonin bicker like children over something that Lady Tsunade said and they all turn to me as I just watch them calmly.

"Look at her! Why is she so calm about this? Damn Uchiha's, this is why you guys were wiped out!" A couple Jonin mutter more about me and I raise an eyebrow.

"I think, your forgetting something about me here." I say to the Jonin. "I'm one of the Elite Jonin, I know when to keep my cool about something like this." I say as I walk to the front and I stand next to Lady Tsunade. "Lady Tsunade has issued us to vote when the next Chunin Exams should be held, she is our Hokage, and she has decided that none of you can come to a clear decision with all your bickering and fighting, we are Leaf Jonin, not kids who are fighting over the last juice box, she's leaving this decision to me, because you all clearly can not handle it." I say with a calm tone and a calm look.

"Why you!" A couple Jonin say and try attacking me but, Shikaku stops them with his Shadow Paralysis Jutsu.

"Thank you." I say to him with a thankful nod and he smirks.

"You women are so bothersome." Shikaku says to me.

"Would you guys not try attacking me, you wouldn't win anyways, besides, maybe you should think before you act, Lady Tsunade can demote you to Chunin if she wanted to, she could even send you back to the academy to learn how to get along, as Genin, you were taught teamwork, right? Then don't you know how to get along with comrades and come to a decision?" I ask them and Lady Tsunade nods, going along with the academy threat.

All the Jonin freeze at that. "That's so not cool Umi." They say to me and I smirk.

"The Chunin Exams, in my opinion should be held in a year and a half, that way all the Genin that were in this Exam, have time to train and get stronger, during that time, we can strengthen the trust between the nations and gather information about Orochimaru, this time, if he tries attacking us, us Jonin and Chunin we'll be ready to defend against his attacks since we'll be expecting it and our defense's will be boosted up by then." I say to them.

"That doesn't sound too bad, there are many things that could be done by then to prevent any attacks." Lady Tsunade says to me.

"I say we hold it in six months, so Orochimaru doesn't have enough time to recover and attack again." A Jonin pipes up.

"But we haven't fully recovered yet, we lost many Shinobi this past exam. We were greatly weakened, by this next year, we'll have more Genin to become Chunin." I say to him.

"Are you an idiot? As a Jonin, your supposed to figure out the best course of action as fast as possible. That also means doing it as fast as possible." A Jonin says as he walks up to me.

I raise an eyebrow. "That doesn't mean we can't wait a bit and let the rest of the nations recover as well, its a good way to create trust between us and any nations that want to participate." I say to him.

"That's ridiculous, the other nations are fine now, its been months." The Jonin says to me.

"If we do a Chunin Exams in 6 Months, we'll be testing our luck, or have you forgotten that Orochimaru has Sasuke and could very well use him against us, let it also be known, that when a Uchiha gets stronger, so does their will, when Orochimaru decides to use him as his next body, Sasuke won't let that happen and Orochimaru will be weak and we'll be safe at that time as well." Anko says as she stands next to me.

I nod.

"And how would you know? And you Umi, how can you agree to that?" The Jonin asks us.

"If you've forgotten, Anko was trained by Orochimaru and I happen to be the  best at gathering on field information." I say to him and Anko nods. "Well Lady Tsunade, if that was all for the meeting, you can decide between a year and a half or six months. If I don't leave now, I'm gonna be even later to meet my students." I say and Lady Tsunade nods.