Chapter 30

Later that day - Umi's POV - Age 27 - Jonin/Mother

"Mom, where are we going?" Shiro asks as we walk to where Kakashi, Naruto and Tenzo are.

"Some where." I say and he frowns slightly and we get there and see Naruto trying to cut a waterfall with his chakra. "Naruto! How much progress have you made?" I yell up and he looks down at me, then see's Shiro and jumps down while Kakashi walks over and Tenzo looks dead.

"I've made some progress, who's the kid?" Naruto asks with a grin.

I look at Kakashi who nods. "Mine and Kakashi's son." I say and Naruto's jaw drops to the ground while Tenzo looks at us shocked and I start laughing lightly while Kakashi gives them a closed eyed smile.

"WHAT?" Naruto yells shocked and Shiro hides behind my leg from the sudden outburst.

I place my hand on Shiro's head and he looks up at me as I smile down at him. "Calm down Naruto, Lady Tsunade twisted mine and Kakashi's arm to adopt him. His real parents were killed by the Akatsuki." I say and Naruto looks at him shocked.

"Mom, why does his face look weird?" Shiro asks as he points to Tenzo and I nearly fall over laughing.

"Oh kid, I've tried figuring that out before." I say and Shiro hides behind me again as Tenzo uses his scary face and I hit Tenzo on the head. "Bad, you scared Shiro." I say to Tenzo who sits on the ground holding a new forming bump on his head.

Kakashi chuckles and puts his arms around my waist. "I think, its time for everyone to rest." Kakashi says and I nod in agreement.

"But I'm not tired." Shiro and Naruto complain.

"You Naruto, your chakra reserve for Jutsu is low, really low, and Shiro, your a kid, you need your rest, you look like an insomniac, when was the last time you slept?" I ask and Shiro looks down a bit.

"2 day ago." He says to me.

An ANBU talks to Tenzo then leaves.

"What was that about Tenzo?" I ask.

"Asuma Sarutobi is dead, one of the Akatsuki members killed him." Tenzo says to us and I look down along with Naruto and Kakashi.

"I see." I say and Shiro looks up at me.

"Mom, who's Asuma?" Shiro asks me.

"One of mine and Kakashi's friends. Hey Kakashi, I better go check on Kurenai, can you keep an eye on Shiro for a bit?" I ask and Kakashi nods.

"She's definitely going to be upset." Kakashi says to me and Shiro looks at me as I give him a small smile before I disappear and I reappear outside Kurenai's apartment to see her crying on her doorstep and Shikamaru there with a shadow cast over his eyes. I frown at that. "Come on you two, lets go inside, its cold and Kurenai you shouldn't be on the floor while your pregnant, especially not in the position." I say and Shikamaru looks at me shocked as I help Kurenai up.

"How did you know?" Shikamaru asks.

"That Kurenai was pregnant? She's my bestfriend we tell each other everything." I say and the three of us walk inside, I set Kurenai on the couch and she hugs me and cries on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry Kurenai, I'm so, so, so, so, sorry, I should have never left that mission." I say and she hugs me tighter.

"Its not your fault Umi." Shikamaru says to me but see's my regret filled eyes.

"I shouldn't have left, Asuma would still be alive if I didn't leave, I could have prevented this if I didn't leave and save Shiro." I say and Shikamaru frowns.