chapter 29

Vardhan pov-

I came back home around 11 pm and She was waiting for me .
I ignored her and was about to climb the stairs when she stopped me .

Khana laga du ....she asked me keeping the book aside that she was reading before .
I am not hungry....I said and climbed the stairs .

I freshened up and came out on the balcony to smoke feeling frustrated.
She entred the room after a while and slept beside Amu switching off the light .
So madam is giving me attitude now .

First she didn't came to the room when I asked her and was busy chatting and laughing with everyone narrating her child hood stories.

The other night she was crying and confessing to me over the phone that she is missing me and all .....
It's all her Drama, I know. But she doesn't know me yet . I have been good to her so far and she took me for granted .

I came inside and laid on my side of the bed and slept turning my back towards her .

Few days passed like this and now the whole family has come to know that we are not on good terms.
It was Saturday and Vikram called me and Aakash to pub as he wanted to tell us something important.

I reached there around 8 pm and they both were already there ..
What is it ....I asked having my drink.
I want to get settled now and I love someone....he said after a calculative pause .

That's great man , but you never told us about your love interest before ...Aakash said patting his shoulder.
I wanted to tell you guys before but was waiting for the right time ....he said staring at his glass .

Who is she....I asked as I knew he is not the one to get nervous easily.
Akshita....he blurted out making me choke on my drink and Aakash looked at him stunned .

What????? You and Akshita....I asked to confirm and he nodded .
She proposed me 2 years back but I denied her right away . It didn't fell right but she didn't give up on me .

I keep ignoring her thinking her as immature but then seeing her continuous efforts ....I too fell for her .
I asked her to complete her education and then only I will think about us .

Now that her final exams are over .....she asked me to ask her hand in marriage...he narrated the whole thing .
You are serious about her ....Aakash asked him .

Yes I am .....Vikram said with confidence.
What if I ask you to back out ....Aakash asked .
I can't give up on her now .... Vikram was quick to reply .
I will kill you if you ever made her cry ....I said making him chuckle.

Look who is saying this .....Aakash mocked me making me glare at him .
What ??? Did I said something wrong .....He asked me raising his eyebrow.

Stay out of my personal life.....I warned him .
Kyu .... Sandhya ne hum logo se baat kar li to tu uske saath asa behave kar raha hai. That girl was just being humble  and your are punishing her for that ....Vaani has told me everything...he said and I threw my glass on the floor breaking it into pieces .

I never said anything in Vaani's and your matter . So don't poke your nose in my married life . She is my wife and I will decided how to behave with her ....I said .

Wife Haan....but you don't treat her like one . You deserved that Nisha only . I feel sorry for that innocent girl Sandhya for being tide with a man like you ....he said with a chuckle and that was it .

I punched him hard making him stumble back .
He punched me back and we held each other's coller .
Vikram somehow pushed us away .
Have you both gone mad . What you guys think you both are are doing . ...Vikram yelled at us.
I left the pub and drove towards home .

As it was around 9:30 only .... everyone was sitting in the hall as I entred the house.
I was in no mood to interact with anyone.
My clothes were disheveled  , my lips has got a cut due to the punch and I was drunk too .

Vardhan .....what has happened to you .....Maa asked .
Nothing....I said without turning towards them .

She turned me towards her and gasped touching my cheek .
What is this ...kisi se ladai Hui h ....maa asked me examining my face .

Kuch nahi hua h maa . I am alright .....I said  removing her hand from my face .
Haan isse kya hoga . Ye puche kisi or ko to kuch nahi kiya isne ....Dad commented .

Vihaan who just entered the hall while speaking on the phone looked at me and cut the call.

Bhai aapne or Aakash Bhai ne Pub mei fight ki hai....he asked and Dad got up from the sofa too followed by my dearest wife .

Haan ki hai to kya hogya....it was his mistake....I said angrily.
Only this was left now ....getting Drunk and fighting in the pubs like goons .
Do you even realise that you have some responsibilities and have a wife and daughter at home.....Dad said looking at me dismissively .
I ignored them and climbed upstairs and could hear Dad shouting on me .

She entred the room after a while and was about to enter the bathroom when I pinned her to the wall .
So I am not treating you as a wife Haan .

I am a cruel husband who is torturing you day and night...right ....I hissed making her look away .
I never said that....she said trying to get away but I caged her in between me and the wall.

Ohhh So Aakash got a dream about it like everyone else who is taunting me about  being a bad husband.....I gritted .
I never said anything it's your actions that are speaking louder ....She said .
Ohhh my actions.....great ....I clapped with a laugh .

I see , I am a very wrong man who doesn't treat you right. Ohhh I don't even deserve you . You need some who is good enough. I am really a disgusting man ...right .

Noo you should not live with me . You are trapped with a wrong person.
How about we take a divorce.....I said and she looked at me shocked .