Chapter 10

Sandhya Pov-

It's been 2 weeks since our meeting . After I said yes to the marriage maa and Papa were so happy .

Shrishti has been teasing me all the time , showing me his pictures from social media and what not .
Raj Uncle asked Papa to ask Shastri uncle about some auspicious date for engagement and wedding.

Kalyani Aunty has sent Vardhan horoscope too for the same . At present Shastri uncle was looking at our horoscopes to find a date for the said occasions.

Sharma ji as per their birth charts 8 days onwards it will be good to get them engaged and 3 weeks after that will be the best suitable time for the marriage .,.. Uncle Shastri  informed Papa .

That's really good . Shastri ji can you tell me something about Sandhya's  married life . I mean I just wanted to know if she will be happy na ....Papa asked and Shashti uncle smiled brightly.

Happy .....she will rule Sharma ji and will have a blessed married life . I can give that you in writing.
The man she is getting married has born with a strong luck. He will Excel in whatever he will do .

They will balance out each other in every aspect .... Shastri uncle said and Papa had a bright smile on his face .
I completely agree with that ....he said and looked at me with bright eyes .

Later he informed Raj uncle about the same and he was extremely happy with the dates .

The sooner the better ...Raj uncle has said over the call when Papa informed him .
Papa and maa turned emotional knowing that I will get married in less than a month .

I cried too realising that I have to leave my home and my family . Shrishti lightened the environment by joking around and soon we were all laughing and chatting like a happy family .
Papa got busy with calls as he didn't want to delay anything.

Maa asked me and Shrishti to go shopping tomorrow only as we have a lot of preparations to be done .

Papa asked me to prepare the guest list for the engagement and wedding and I noted down all the names as he told me .

While Shrishti was searching for the venues . I know booking a banquet hall in wedding season will cost us a lot so I suggested Papa why don't we use our school for wedding as it has huge ground and we can get it decorated as per our wish . He was reluctant at first but I somehow convinced him .

After Dinner I came back to my room and Shrishti hugged me tightly out of no where . I caressed her hair knowing that my baby sister was getting emotional.

She controlled herself downstairs but now she was venting out her emotions.
Diiiii how will I live without you . Please take me with you to Delhi ....She said in between her cries and I chuckled lightly.
Who will take care of Maa and Papa then .

One of us should be here with them to look after them na and we will talk daily over video calls and I will come often to visit you all ....I said wiping her tears .
Noooo I don't know anything. I will tag along ....she clinged to me like a baby .

How about if We get you married to  Vihaan , then we can always live together....I teased knowing how they both can't stand each other .

Ewwwww no way . I don't like that monkey men at all forget about marrying him ....she said scrunching her nose and I laughed at her expression.

I am good here only otherwise I Will have to face him everyday if I come to live with you ....she said making me laugh .
But you will miss me na Shrishtuu...I said making a puppy face .

Hehehe ....we will manage over video call and also I can't stay without Papa and Maa too ....she said and I nodded hiding my smile at her antiques.

Our Shopping plan for the next day got postponed as Shrishti had to submit her assignment and also have to ask for leave from her college.

I too had some work to finish in the school as I will get busy with my engagement and marriage and also someone has to replace me as I will be not be teaching here from next week .
I will miss my work too .

Ahhhhggg...why do girls her to leave everything after marriage.... I thought.
How will I manage there without all these things and my people.

Also my marriage is not like any other normal marriage where people are in love or at least like each other .
I know they will treat me well and will become my family but I will  miss my family too .

He has not even tried to contact me for once . I know he is doing it for Amu but one call wouldn't hurt .
Vihaan gave me his number , should I break the ice and initiate a conversation.
At least I should give it a try .

I opted for a text rather then a direct call ,in case if he is occupied with some work ...

Hiiiii.....I texted him .
Wait , he doesn't have my number .

Sandhya this side ....I added for the clarity.
The message was delivered but it was not seen .
I kept the phone in my purse thinking that he will reply once he sees my text .

The fellow teachers congratulated me when they got to know about my alliance and I thanked them all .

My friend Jyoti who is also a teacher hugged me tightly and Inquired about my soon to be husband. I blushed a little on the mention of his name and She teased me even more .

I told her about Vardhan and Amu ...and she was not surprised at all knowing that he has a child and is a divorcee. She knows me too well to put a question on my decision.

She just hugged and wished me for a good life ahead . I asked her to be present at each and every function as she is my only best friend and she said that it goes without saying .

I showed her his picture and she told me  that I am lucky to have a smart and handsome husband.

I checked my phone before going to bed to see if he has replied or not . The message was seen but there was no reply from him .

I got slightly disappointed at his lack of response or we can say his ignorance.
No matter what is the base of our relationship but I am going to be his wife and a little communication would have not hurt his ego .

I was busy thinking about it  when suddenly my phone rang displaying his name that too a freaking video call.