chapter 7

Vardhan pov ....

Daddyyyyyy....Amu came running to me as soon as I stepped into the house.
I gathered my little bundle in my Arms kissing all over her face making her giggle .

I was seeing my Munchkin after 36 hours and I missed her a lot .

She was telling me about her trip and how she went with Dadu Daadi in plane and people were dancing there and she ate sweets and saw mountains and I was keenly listening to her .

A house help brought me some water as I settled down on the couch with Amu in my arms .
As usual Amu had to take a sip from my glass and then I drank the water .

Maa came out with Amu's milk 🍼 that she started having without showing any tantrums that came out as a surprise to me.
She will always throw a fit before having milk but now she was having it happily.
When we visited Shimla .... Sandhya gave her milk adding a little jaggery and Coco powder . Amu immediately liked it ....Maa informed.

Who is Sandhya...I asked as I never heard of her before.
Hmmmm.... Sandhya is someone special about whom   I want to talk to you about ....maa said with a wide smile making me frown .

Then she informed me that Sandhya is Vinod uncle's elder daughter. I know Uncle Vinod as Dad has informed us about him .

Maa was praising the girl Sandhya continuously. She informed me how she took care of Amu and got attached to her .Even Amu was really comfortable with her .

Okay that's nice but why are you telling me about her .....I asked and maa took a deep breath .

We have asked  her hand in marriage with you .....Maa said and I looked at her with a jerk .

What !!!!! I asked rasing my voice to a level that Amu got scared too for moment.
You only agreed for re marriage few days before ....Maa said looking at me curtly.

I know but maa how could you ask her hand all of a sudden . I don't even know her . How can you trust someone that easily.

I know Vinod uncle is Dad's friend but that doesn't mean I will marry his daughter just like that .....I exclaimed feeling irritated all of a sudden .

Don't get hyper . I have observed that girl and I have better knowledge of people then you . I already warned you about Nisha beforehand but you didn't listen to me ....she said and I just closed my eyes to compose myself.

And it's not like I am getting you married tomorrow itself. Meet her first and talk to her before coming to any conclusion.....she reasoned and I released a deep sigh .

You are going next week to Shimla regarding your work . Visit them over lunch or dinner whatever you feel convenient.....she suggested and I looked away not giving any reaction.

Think over it with a calm mind and keep all things in mind that I told you and for once trust your parents.....she said before leaving for the kitchen again .

Dadyyyyyy.....Amu tapped on my thigh and I picked her up and came upstairs.
I secured Amu on the bed and gave her all the toys and left to freshen up .

I came out to find Vihaan playing with Amu lying on my bed .
I let them both be on their own and left to the balcony to smoke.

I just took a puff when Vihaan came in the balcony with Amu and I just threw my cigarette away as my baby doesn't like the smell of it and it's not good for her health either .

She jumped in my arms and I settled on the couch and Vihaan sat beside me .
Bhai ....trust me She is really nice .....he said and I don't have to mention who he is talking about .

Hmmm....I just hummed not wanting to talk about that matter as of now .

Later Vihaan told me about the Hotel construction progress as they all visited the site .

We talked for sometime and later he left talking Amu with him as I got an important call .

Behave nicely when you visit them ....it was my father this time and I just clenched my jaw and continued having my dinner .

I know I have a very bad reputation in my father's eyes but that doesn't mean He has to specify how I should behave .

They are very close to me and Sandhya is just like my Daughter.....he started again and I know they won't stop bugging me until I turn mad  .

If you think I am that bad and that girl is so important to you then why did you proposed my marriage with her ....I said and My mother held my hand asking me to calm down .

If it was only about you , I would have never done that ...but because of Amu I have to do it.
At least one parent needs to be sensible and nice in her life ....he commented and I left the dinning hall without finishing my dinner .

I would have left this house long ago if not for Amu ....I thought puffing the cigarette 🚬.

Later that Night maa came with a sleepy Amu in her arms and laid her on the bed .
Don't take your father's words to your heart beta ...he is just concerned about you .

No father can think bad of his children.
You are a father yourself, so please just try to understand his concerns.....she said. I stayed mute as I don't want to hurt her by saying anything out of anger .

I will send a glass of Milk 🥛, have it before going to bed ....she kissed my hairs and left the room .

I exhaled deeply and closed my eyes resting my head against the railing.
My life is completely messed up and I don't know what future holds for me .
The only good thing in my life currently is My  Amu.