chapter 16

Sandhya pov-

I stood there not believing what he just uttered .
Don't be shocked. I am just stating the facts .....he said putting his hands inside his pants pocket.

Has my family ever made you guys feel low about our different social status. If that would have been the case they would have never proposed this marriage.

It was my family who asked for your hand and not the other way round . So what made your father think like that ....He asked .

They didn't but some of your relatives commented on it .....I said wiping my tears .
So now you guys will decide things because of other people's opinions. Let me make a few things clear to you  .

People will find something to say no matter what you do . You guys are educated and talks about values and other stuff . You are the one who said materialistic things don't matter .

You should have said this same thing to your father . You should have made him understand this or your free lectures are for me only ....he asked and I was dumbfounded by what he just said .

He was right . Why we were trying to make others happy putting a burden on our selves. Rana family never pointed out this thing and they never looked down at us . And that's what should matter .

I smiled at him gratefully and he just huffed at me in response making me chuckle.

I just hugged him tightly but he didn't warpped his hand around me this time making me pout .
I am sorry ....I muttered and he sighed again .

You should be ....he said in his usual tone .
I pushed my self on my toes and planted a tight kiss near his lips .
He still didn't react making me roll my eyes at his stubbornness .

I never knew you can talk like this too ....I said looking at him from his chest .
I know you don't think highly of me but I don't care....he replied.

It's not like that . I know you are stubborn, arrogant, rude , self obsessed, hot headed , but good at heart and an amazing father .....I told him and he raised his eyebrow listening to me .

You have a complete list of my bad things but only two when it comes to good side ..... Thankyou. I am feeling really grateful after listening to you ...he said taunting me and I laughed still holding on to him .

Why did you get your hair cut ....he asked pulling away from me and I was yet again surprised to know that he notices everything about me .

They were too long to handle.....I replied.
Don't do that here after ....he said in a commanding tone giving me yet another shock .

You liked my long hairs .....I asked feeling elated.
I am getting late now .....he said ignoring my question.

I held his hand before he could leave the room and he looked at me with a frown .
What ??? He asked.

I just smiled and hugged him once again .
Don't cling to me again and again . I know you are just finding reasons to be close to me ...he commented as usual and I smiled .

So what if I am finding reasons for being close to you . It's my right as you are my soon to be husband....I said peeping at him from his chest .

You will end up screaming if I will start to exercise my rights as a husband.....he smirked making me blush hard.
6 more days and I will show you practically.......he said leaning near my ear and bit on  my ear lobe making me hiss .

He leaned closer and I just closed my eyes anticipating his kiss clutching his arm tightly but the knock the door disturbed our moment and we parted away .

It was Vaani Di , he left downstairs and I looked down to hide my red tomato cheeks making Vaani Di chuckle.
Now you look like our happy Sandhya.

If I knew his one visit would bring your smile back , I would have dragged him to you in the morning only.....she said making me smile and I just hugged her tightly.

Stay happy like this only . Okay now let's get downstairs otherwise your Angry man will get into action again...she said making me laugh .

As I walked out with Akshita and Vaani di to drop them till the car , I saw him talking to Papa very seriously. He must be talking about that money thing .

Ufff what might Papa be feeling right now ...but it's ok Atleast it will prevent him from taking loan ....I sighed.
Papa just nodded and hugged him patting his back with a smile .

I too hugged Akshita and Vaani di .
Next time we will take you together with us ....Vaani Di said making me blush and My eyes met his for a moment before he wore his sunglasses and settled down in the car .
I waved at them and soon the car disappeared.

Papa looked relieved and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked inside .
What was Vardhan saying ...I tried to ask him casually with a small smile .

Nothing much but he just put forwards a wish to have a simple wedding. He asked me to keep things normal and not too extravagant ...Papa told me and I was once again touched by Vardhan's thoughtfulness .

He didn't say anything about money to Papa but indirectly solved his problem too .
I am yet to know this mysterious man . He is an engima to me .
He is messing with my brain and heart really bad .

Vardhan.....who are you actually?????....I thought to myself.
But the best thing is I have a lifetime to explore him ,to know him like nobody does .