chapter 8

Sandhya pov-

I was continuously pondering about my future with him . Was he the one Shastri uncle was talking about .

Will I be able to live with him knowing about his nature from various people.
Uff!!!! I will go mad thinking about this one particular person.

He has created havoc in my simple life out of nowhere . Am I destined to be with him ..ahhhh I should put a full stop over my brain .

I will not come to a conclusion before meeting him . Yes , that's it .
He will be here tomorrow evening as Raj uncle Informed Papa and I was feeling nervous about meeting him .

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep as I have a lot of things to deal with tomorrow.

Next day ...

Maa asked me to wear something good as I came back from school. She told me that Vardhan has called Papa informing that he will be reaching here by 6 pm .

I just nodded at her and came to my room .
Shrishti was smiling at me mischievously and I just decided to ignore her.

Di....I have already chosen a dress for you and I will get you ready today....she declared getting up from the bed excitedly.

It's just a meeting Shiristi and there is nothing to get ready about ....I said but she just shook her head in disapproval.

It doesn't matter . I just want you to look best ....she hugged me from behind and I have to give in her demand Knowing that it's of no use to argue with her .

I changed into a simple Anarkali dress and Shrishti made a French braid of my hairs . I asked to keep the makeup subtle and she complied with my demand .

It was 5:40 pm by the time I got ready and came downstairs to help maa in preparing snacks .

I was just finished frying the fritters when the door Bell rang and I started feeling breathless all of a sudden.

I drank some water to keep my self calm .
I could hear maa and Papa talking to him .
His voice sounded different and more intimidating than the one I heard on the video call with Amu.

Shrishti entred the kitchen grinning widely.
He is hotttt....she said and I just slapped her arm telling her to control her tongue.
Ohhhh getting possessive from now only . Ok I want call him hot. It's your right only ....she said with a wink and I groaned trying to ignore her teasing .

Maa came and asked me and Shrishti to bring the tea and snacks .
My hands were literally shivering holding the plate .

I entred the hall concentrating on the tray in my hand not to spill the content.
I could feel his presence and took a deep breath before looking up at him .

My breath hitched as our eyes met .
His brown orbs were intimidating me and I looked away feeling timid under his gaze.
I greeted him and he just nodded . Huh bossy much .
I served tea and snacks trying to avoid looking at him .

My father was talking to him about his business. I just sat there fidgeting with my fingers .
Sandhya give Vardhan a tour of our garden....Papa said .I just nodded getting up and he followed me .

Ask me whatever you want quickly.....he said in his manly tone and I just looked up .
Aunty was right he is too blunt .
How is Amu ???...I asked and he was taken back by my question.

She is good but that's not what you are supposed to ask ....he said looking straight into my eyes .

I had many questions to ask him but I was blank at this moment. I just looked around not knowing where should I started from .
He sighed in frustration by my silence.

Look Sandhya, you must be knowing about My ex wife and all of that stuff that happened in my life as it's publicly available.

All I wanted you to know here is I am doing it for my Daughter. My family thinks that she needs a mother and I don't want to devoid her of anything.

They find you capable of playing that role in her life but I am not sure about you .
As you have nothing to ask so just Answer my question....he said and I nodded .

Why would you want to marry me knowing that I am a divorcee and a single father ? He asked .

Because I relate to your daughter....I answered instantly and he frowned .
My mother died when I was 3 , vidhya maa married my father and accepted me as her own child ...I explained and he looked surprised by this new piece of Information.

Okay. I will believe that but you must know few things about me before we go ahead with anything.
I don't like interference in my matters. I drink and smoke occasionally.

I will provide you with everything and you will just have to look after my daughter. I don't expect anything else from you .
My Daughter is everything to me and I lose my shit if she gets a little scratch .

I will burry the person alive who even think about harming her .....he said in a way warning me .
So , there will be no relation between us as a husband and wife if we get married? I asked and his eyes softened a bit .

I don't do love thing . I just love my daughter and my family . I do go out for my Physical needs but I would not cheat on you if we get married and I won't touch you without your permission ....he cleared and I just nodded liking his honesty.

His mother was right about him . His is unapologetically himself. He doesn't care about what other would think of him .

I have come across some articles about your current relationship....I said and he just chuckled a bit .
So you have done a through research but they are all fake and I don't care about them . You will also be counted as one of my affairs if we were at a public place ....he stated .

So what have you decided ....He asked taking me off guard.
What about you .....I counter questioned and he raised his eyebrow.
That will depend on your answer....he said .

What if I say yes....I asked feeling confident all of a sudden.
Then it will be a yes from me too .....he stated as a matter of fact .

And If it's a no .....I said trying to control my smile. He smirked and bent slightly near my ear whispering....It will still be a YES from me .... sending chills down my spine .