Chapter 17

Sandhya Pov-

We danced till late and you know by the time the function got over my Mehandi had dried too .....I told him over the phone and he just hummed as usual.

Kya hmmm hmmm....kuch boliye na . Mei hi pichle 1/2 hour se bole jaa rahi hu .....I said irritated by his hmmmm.
Because you are mad and I am not . And what should I tell you . Akshita must have sent you the video and photos .....he stated.

Why he has to be this boring .....I groaned.
You know I have got your name written in my palm and it's hidden and you have to find it ....I told him enthusiastically.

And What made you think I will do that stupid task ....came his reply.
It's a ritual , everyone does it ....I said as a matter of fact .

But I am not everyone. I am Vardhan Rana ....He said arrogantly and for a moment I felt like smacking his head .
So you won't do it ....I asked .
No....his replied instantly.

Ok , your wish but I won't let you touch me then ....I stated firmly.
Are you Challenging me ....he asked with authority and I want to back out but the stupid me said a yes .

Hmmmm interesting. I love challenges and Vardhan Rana has never lost in a bet ....he said proudly.
Then I will give you a first hand experience of losing Rana Jiii......I teased to rile him up .

I liked your Confidence miss but it will vanish in thin air when I will make you scream whole night under me ......He said in his manly voice and my core throbbed by just listening to his words .

I think I should sleep now ....I whispered.
Yeahhh you need to get a good sleep because you have to be wide awake tomorrow's night ....he said and ended the call making me more nervous.

Why I have to pull a stunt knowing how stubborn he is . Now he will make sure I lose the bet anyhow.
But I have this different kind of anticipation and excitement bubbling in my stomach too .

Next day.....

Finally It's my wedding today . My life will change completely. I will be someone's wife , a mother , a daughter in law .
I will have responsibilities to fulfill.

But I will be leaving my family too and the mere thought of living without them far away from my home is making me hell emotional.

These are my last few hours here . I won't be here tomorrow. How Papa will manage the school without me , who will take care of Maa's medicine , who will wake up Shristhi from tomorrow.....there were thousands of emotions I was going through.

I shed a few tears but then my cousins and Shrishti came to get me ready for the Haldi .

We had a lot of Fun during Haldi and that's really elevated my mood .
I left to parlour with my sister and cousins after taking a bath to get ready .
The barat will arrive by 4 pm as the auspicious time for wedding is 6 pm .

Shrishti was by my side when My make-up was being done and all my Cousins were getting ready .

When the make-up artist finally freed me  after 2 hours I asked shrishti to get ready as now all I have to do is get changed into the wedding lengha .

It was 2 pm by the time I was completely ready and I was not able to recognise myself in this look .

I was looking really different....in a good way . Shrishti complimented me followed by all my cousins who were totally in aww of my bridal look .
Maa called Shrishti and asked us to return home as soon as possible as everyone was asking about me .

As our car neared our home we could clearly hear the sound of Dhol , whistles , hooting and cheering indicating that the Barat procession was approaching near in full swing .
It took them almost an hour to reach the main Venu dancing and enjoying themselves.

My cousins sister who has gone down to welcome the Groom and his family  informed me how hot and Handsome Vardhan is looking as my Groom .
They started teasing making me smile and blush at the same time .

Akshita , Vani Di , and some other cousins of Vardhan came to the room I was in and praised my look .
I asked for Amu and got to know that she is with her Chachu.

Soon after Maa and Papa came and we had an emotional episode .
Later I was taken to the main wedding hall with my cousin and Shrishti holding a flolar chadar (blanket) over my head .
A romantic song was playing in background as I made my way towards the stage .

I could feel his gaze over Me but I was feeling to shy to lift my gaze .
I looked up when he forwarded his hand to help me climb on  the stage .

Our eyes had an intense lock and I was spell bound looking at him . His eyes held a complete different emotions which I could not decipher .

Mummaaaaaa..... Amu's excited voice broke our eye contact and I looked in her direction and she gave me her cutest smile .

I could see her struggling in Vihaan arms to get to us and Vardhan nodded to let her go .
She ran towards us and Vardhan lifted her up in her arms .
She was looking at me intrigued by my jwellery and dress.

She was herself dressed in a cute blue lengha with small bangles and a black bindi on her forehead.
I kissed her cheek and she asked me to take her in my arms but Vardhan said No to her .

Vihaan came and took her away telling her that he was going to eat ice-cream and finish it all .
She gladly jumped in his arms and asked him to take her to the icecream counter making all of us chuckle at her cuteness .

We exchanged the garlands and got clicked with relatives and family .
As it was the auspicious time for the wedding  we were made to sit in the alter and the rituals begin .

Pandit ji announced us Husband and wife as we finished all the rituals.
The moment we took rounds around the holy fire and he filled my hairline with vermilion I became his . My fate got sealed with his and we became one for this lifetime and the life here after .

This marks our new beginning......