chapter 14

Sandhya pov-

My phone rang and I immediately came out in  the balcony as I didn't want to disturb Shrishti's sleep .
It's past 12 and he is calling me . We started talking over the phone daily after our engagement but he would call after 12 only at midnight.
Hello....I spoke slowly settling on the swing .

Hmmm.....he just hummed as usual.
He doesn't know how to talk to a person normally. Either he will just humm or simply reply to me in mono syllables.
He only open his mouth to yell or talk dirty.

When I asked him to call a bit early as I am habitual of sleeping by 10 pm ....he had asked me get habitual of being awake at night as he won't let me sleep after marriage.

I didn't get it first but when I got the real meaning behind his words ...I was tongue tied .
In past one week I have come to understand his double meaning and dirty talks . He will say the dirtiest thing to me with such ease as if  it's just a very normal thing to say .

He can control my body with his talks only . I felt shudders and chills in my body by his mere words .
Had food ?? I asked as usual.
Hmmmmm...and he hummed again .
I felt like punching him . Am I awake this late to just hear his humm.

Only a week is left for our wedding....I stated .
So ! He asked and I could hear some shuffling sound from his background.
So....kuch nahi . I am just telling you as you are a busy person and it might skip out of your mind ...I said sarcastically fed up with his lack of proper response.

You have started using that tongue of yours nowdays . Just because I am letting it go , don't get used to it ,might land you in trouble in the near future .....he said and I just rolled my eyes .

Well I am not afraid of him anymore like before, although I fear his anger that I have not witnessed yet.

I have understood by now that he won't ever hurt me intentionally. He keeps warning me out of his habit .

I am marrying a walking trouble so it's ok .I will manage it ....I said and he chuckled making me smile too .

I hope this confidence stays with you when you will be in front of after a week ...he said and I became nervous listening to him .

Has Amu slept ...I asked trying to change the topic .
No ... She is playing out in the garden...he taunted making me face palm my self . I should have asked a better question, of course what a 2 year old will be doing in the middle of the night .

A yawn escaped my lips that I tried to control hard .
Go and sleep now....he said and I smiled .
Good night ....I wished him and he hummed again making me shake my head and the call ended .
This is how it goes but it's better then no communication at all .

Next morning after having our breakfast we got busy with our work . Wedding Rituals will start from tomorrow .

Maa asked me and Shrishti to prepare all the guest rooms upstairs. Actually we use those rooms for different purposes but when we have some function we convert them to Guest rooms to accommodate the relatives .

We have laid the mattress on the floors to accommodate more people in all the rooms of the 1st floor except Mine .

My maternal and paternal aunts , their Childerns and all others relatives from both the sides will be attending the function and will stay with us . The rest  other relatives lives in Shimla only .

My father has 2 sisters and 1 brother . They live in our ancestral village .
My father shifted to Shimla after marrying Vidya maa .

After preparing the guest room me and Shrishti left for the saloon as we had booked a session for both of us .

Maa was preparing food , cooks with few helpers will join from the evening and will stay till the wedding.

We have already done the shopping for the wedding and it was tiring .

My wedding lengha will come from the groom side only with some sarees as a ritual as Kalyani maa has informed me earlier.

Vaani Di and Akshita had sent me pictures of various designs of lengha's and asked me choose the one few days back .

Vardhan will come tomorrow to Shimla regarding some work . Vaani Di and Akshita will accompany him and will come home with all my dresses and Lengha.

He didn't informed me anything about it when we talked . It was Vaani Di who had texted me .
What should I do with this man ???

We got done with the spa session and I got my hair trimmed up to a few Inches as it was getting a bit difficult to handle them .

When we reached home few of our relatives had already arrived .
I greeted them and my cousins started teasing me asking about him .

Of course they all have  seen his picture but they couldn't come for my engagement due to work or studies .
One of my Bua said that I am already glowing as a bride .... little did she know I have just spent around 15 thousand for this glow in the spa .

All my cousins gathered in my room after dinner and we started chit chatting catching up on each other's lives .

Two of my Bua 's daughter will be getting married in few months as they have got rokafied last month only .
We planned to watch a movie and I decided to make some popcorn while others were getting other snacks to munch on .

All the elders have slept by now so I was doing everything cautiously in the kitchen to avoid making any noise at this hour .
I got done with making popcorn and was about to climb the stairs when I noticed the light of my parents room is still on .

I frowned and Stepped towards their room only to hear them discussing something about money and property papers.

I didn't want to eve's drop but they won't tell me if I would ask them directly.
Vidhya we are giving our daughter to an influential family .

We have to keep in mind their status while doing everything. I want best for my daughter. I don't want anyone to taunt her about something.

I know this wedding is costing more then our budget but I don't want anyone to point out anything like what happened during the engagement.

Raj and his family are good and they will never say something to Sandhya or us but their relatives will surely talk about it .

I have not forgotten how Rajshree ji has pointed out our class diffrence during the engagement function....Papa said I stood there shocked .

Tears flowed out of my eyes as I heard him say that he has taken a loan of 30 lakh keeping our house as a mortgage.

I came back to the room and hand over the popcorn to my cousin and Shrishti. They have already started a movie and has dimmed the lights of the room .
I sat in a corner lost in my thoughts crying  silently.

My phone vibrated and I looked at his name flashing on my screen. I was in mood to have a conversation with him so I just put my phone on silent.

He tried 2 more times but I didn't pick it up . I know he will get angry for not answering his calls but I don't care about it for now .