Part 64

A/N; Sorry for not updating daily but I'm losing inspiration ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Where's your car?" I ask.
    "Ava dropped me off."
"She knew?"
    "She seems to know things before I do."
"Wait. What if I didn't come?"
    "Would have called a cab." he shrugs. "Who's car is this?"
"Brooke's." I answer as I get in the car. "Where to?"
    "Corner store then your house."
"Alright. What are you going to do about your dad?"
     "I don't know babe. I don't want to think about that right now."

I drive to the nearest convenient store.

"What do you need? I'll go get it." I ask.
   "I can do it."
"You're in a dirty tux with clearly visible red eyes. I don't think that's a good idea."
    "Buy some pain killers." he says. I nod as walk into the small store and buy pain a few pain killers, water, and some chocolate. When I get back, he's emotionless and distant.

"Drop me off at my house." he demands.
    "I'll come with-"
"No."
     "Something is happening, right? Is your dad waiting for you there? Tristan I'm going with you."
"So stubborn." he mumbles.
       "You damn right."
~•~•~•~•~
The ride to his house was silent. We walk into his apartment and his sister, mom, dad, Nando, Kat, and a few other family member are waiting for us with arms crossed. Tristan made sure I was behind him as we walked in. His dad stands up and faces him. They don't speak, just stare.

Before anyone knows it, Santiago punches his son. I gasp as he punches him again making him fall onto the floor. Santiago yells something in Spanish and Tristan responds. I wish I knew Italian or Spanish. He kicks his stomach. Before he can hurt Tristan again, I kneel in between them with my arms spread out.

"Move!" they both yell. I don't.
Ava gets up and stands besides me, nodding in approvement. Marilena is next then Nando and Kat.

"Enough. Both of you." Marilena says. "We have more important things to worry about."
"What are we going to do about this war?" Ava asks.

"We fight." Santiago responds.
"No. I will not lose my kids!" Marilena yells.

Tristan wraps his arms around me. He didn't have a chance to take the pain killers, he was too lost in thought.

"Are you okay?" I whisper to him.
He groans but nods.

"Joslyn." Ava says out of nowhere.
"Yes?"

Everyone goes silent and looks at me. Tristan's arms tighten around me.

"What?" I ask.

No one says anything. What's going on?

"They'll go after you first." Ava says.
"What? How do you know?"
"Because you're the reason Tristan ditched the wedding."
I flinch.
"Sorry but it's true and Tiana knows this. She'll tell her dad and they'll come for us by getting you first. That will hurt Tristan and make him go to them. Once they get Tristan... bloodshed."
"Bloodshed?! What the fuck do you mean bloodshed? They'll kill him?!"
"That's what happens in war Joslyn. People die."

"None of my children will die. All 3 of you will be safe, I swear it." Marilena says. "Joslyn is a part of the family now. She's blood."

I suck in a breath. She thinks I'm part of the family. Santiago curses then nods.

"We need to focus on war." he says.

Tristan's family members suggest kidnapping Tiana and other brutal and vulgar crimes. I can't stand to listen any longer.

"I'll do it. I'll serve as bait, just don't kill anyone. Don't kidnap Tiana." I say.
"No." Tristan says as he sits up. "I won't allow it."
"And I won't allow your family to have blood on their hands for something I caused."
"You didn't cause any of this. This was my doing."

"Enough. What will you do if you're captured?" Santiago asks. I think about this for a second. What will I do? Will calling the police help? Probably not.

"They won't capture me. They won't make it past my front door. I can hold them off until someone comes." I respond.
"Ridiculous." Santiago spits.

"No.. she's on the right track." Ava says. "She stays home and Tristan will visit her at certain times. They'll think they know her schedule."
"They'll wait until Tristan is gone. He'll attack her then." Nando says.
"Someone needs to be on constant lookout. When Tiana's father arrives, that person will call the police then run in to help her. It'll be seen as breaking and entering and attempted kidnapping. He'll be charged with life."

"That will not work. Ares is smarter than that." Santiago says.

"It's the only way to avoid an all out bloody war." Kat says as she reaches out to hold Nando's hand. "We all have someone important to us. We can't risk losing anyone in here." she looks to the bedroom where I assume Emma is sleeping in.

Santiago looks at his wife then sighs. "You could easily lose your life, do you realize this?" he asks.

"I'm willing to risk that if it'll keep everyone here alive."
~•~•~•~•~
"I don't like this." Tristan says.
We're at my house and he's pacing the living room like crazy.
"It's our only option." I sigh.
"This is all my fault."
"Hey." I stand in front of him then grab his hand. "Stop blaming yourself for everything Tristan. I love you, we'll get through this."
"God I love you. I don't know what I'll do if I lose you." he whispers.
"You won't. No one will die."

He leans down and kisses me gently. I run my hands through his hair as he wraps his arms around my waist.
I break the kiss then put my forehead against his.
"Why did you let him punch you like that?" I ask. "You could have dodged it."
"I deserved it."
"You deserve nothing but happiness. Come on, we still never took that shower. We stink."
He chuckles then kisses my cheek.

"You're not going to shower with me?" I ask disappointedly.
"I don't have clothes babe and Ava's waiting for me in the car."
"Okay."
"Will you be okay tonight?" he asks.
"Yeah. I don't think they'll come tonight."
"Alright." he gives me three more kisses before leaving.

The truth is I'm extremely nervous. They could come for me right now. I think Nando is watching from somewhere tonight. I feel bad to have them extend their stay in Rhode Island because of this dumb war.

A knock interrupts my thoughts.
Could Tristan have forgotten something? I smile as I go to open the door.

I gasp.

"I'm back from the dead." Jayden says. "Did you miss me, sister?"