Part 37

A/N; Sorry for the long update but it is a long chapter to make up for it! I put the song above just in case you were curious how it goes (you'll understand after you've read the chapter). Enjoy! (:
One more thing, do you guys mind that I switch between calling him Tris and Tristan? If it's too problematic or annoying, don't be afraid to tell me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joslyn's POV

This is it.

We're standing right outside the door. Ava rings the doer bell then steps back. The house is huge, bigger than any I've ever seen or lived in. A tall woman opens the door and quickly hugs Ava.
  "Tristan!" she wraps her right arm around Tristan making all three of them join into one big hug.

"Hi ma." Tris says.
"I've missed you two so much. How are you? Hold on let me see you." the woman says as she pushes them back. "Oh my god you've lost weight. Are you two not eating?"
"Ma please." Ava laughs. "This is my friend Joslyn."

"Oh I'm so sorry." she gives me a hug and I awkwardly hug her back. When she lets go I can see where Ava gets her looks. She's a splitting image of her mother!
"I'm Marilena, it's a pleasure to meet you Joslyn. Please come inside. I made lots of food so eat up, especially you two." she says the last part while pointing at her kids. "My husband is Santiago, he's inside and dying to meet you."
Her Italian accent is thick.

"Oh?" is all I could say. He wants to meet me? Why? As we walk inside the sweet aroma of pies and the savory scent of fresh bread and baked pasta hit us. It's magnificent. We're told to seat ourselves at the dinner table and we do. It's a long table with 8 chairs surrounding it. I sit in between Ava and Tristan on one side of the table. Everything is set up for us and ready to go. I look over at Tris and he's unmoving. He has his head turned toward the direction of a room door.

  "Give me 10 minutes then we will all eat. Why don't you show your friend around Ava? Tristan your father is in the room, you know which one." Marilena says. Tris nods then leaves. Ava takes my hand and guides me towards a room upstairs.

"Are we going to your old room?" I ask.
"No we're going to Tristan's." she winks.

His room is basically plain with only a dark blue coating on the wall.
   "No posters?" I ask.
"He wasn't into that but he was on the football team."
    "No way."
"I'll go find the pictures. I was a cheerleader back then too. He was a sophomore when he made it into varsity, I was a senior. Ah here it is! Look."

I can't believe it. It's a younger Tristan with a tiny hint of beard hair and a football in his hand. He's smiling here with other teammates and the cheerleaders are on the ground and surely enough, one of them was Ava. I giggle at this and give it back.

"We shouldn't be doing this." I say with a smile.
   "Come on Joslyn, I know you're curious."
"Yeah but–"
    "Look it's his guitar. This is the first one pa ever gave him." Ava says as she picks it up from his closet. "I remember it like it was yesterday. I have a great memory, a little too great. Can't seem to forget a lot of things."

"Can you play it?" I ask.
"Yeah. I learned from watching Tristan." she starts playing it. It's a slow melody but it's nice. I sit next to her on the floor and listen. Just as I shut my eyes the bedroom door swings open.
"What are you doing in my room?" Tristan growls. Someones in a mood.
   "What's the problem? Have something to hide?" Ava retorts.
"Ava you can't just walk in my room and start 'exploring' or whatever!"

They go back and forth on this and I can't help but laugh. Is this what it's like when siblings get older? Unfortunately I never got the chance to experience this myself... stop this. Don't think of that right now.