Part 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's now Thursday, god I wish it was Friday. I'm tired of the lectures and PowerPoints. I'm lucky enough not to have any classes on Saturday but I'm still so exhausted.
   "The spring semester just started, how can I be this tired already?" I mumble to myself.

  Holy shit it's almost April.. 2 months left. I groan at the thought. Should I be happy it's almost over or sad?

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Brooklyn ask besides me.

  "Nothing."

"Okay. Well, what wig are you wearing tomorrow? Or are you going simple?"

   "Simple, I'll just flat iron it or something. What if I didn't want to go?"

"Joslyn you've asked this all week. You want to go, trust me. You might even get laid."

I roll my eyes. Is getting laid really that important? I look at my phone and see it's 9:57. I yawn and wish her a goodnight praying that tomorrow could come both faster and slower.
~•~•~•~•~
8:15pm

"Hello?"
"Hey Ava."
"Joslyn! Are you guys here already?"
"Not even close."
"Good. I'll meet you two around 9..err..9:15. I've got to deal with a few things around here."

By the background noise I can tell she's already there but how come she's grateful we're not there yet?

"You're at the club already?" I ask.
"Yeah but don't worry, it'll be taken care of by the time you get over here. Gotta go."
She hangs up before I could ask anymore questions. Does she work there? Is that why she was so against us calling the police?

"What are you doing? Start getting ready! Let's go, let's go, let's go!"
~•~•~•~•~
9:25pm

"Finally you two showed up. Jace, remember them? The two girls from last Saturday." Ava says.

Jace looks up at us, tilts his head, then leaves to deal with a customer.

"He really doesn't say much, does he?" Brooke ask.
   "No. Anyway, you two look good."

We both have jeans and a form of long sleeve shirt.
"Thanks, you two go ahead I'll wait until he comes back to order drinks." I say.

Ava narrows her eyes at this.
"You're not interested in him, are you?"

"What? No! I don't even know him!"
"You've seen him."
  "I swear I'm not!"
She slowly nods her head then goes in the middle of the crowd of people to go dance.

I sit down on the stool, turn around towards the bar, and call out for Jace. When he shows up he has annoyance written all over him.
  "Sorry, do you not like me calling you by your name or..uh..nickname..?" I ask.

Nothing.

"Or talking to you in general? Well, I wanted to properly thank you for last week."

Still nothing.

"Thank you. Um.. do you know where the other man is that saved us? I want to thank him too."
Actually, I just want to ask him more questions and possibly get his name.

He gestures to the bottles of liquor behind him. He wants me to hurry up and order.
"What's the best thing here? Surprise me."
He nods and starts making three drinks. I turn around and scan the room, careful to be more vigilant this time.
Ava comes up to us and takes a seat.
"Joslyn, you haven't even danced yet. Come have fun, see look at your friend."

Brooklyn is practical grinding with a tall man to the beat of the song. The man has his arms around her matching her rhythm, he looks like a college student but I don't know for sure.

"She just might sleep with him."
"And that's a good thing?" I question.
"Sure is. Shit, I might even find someone to sleep with here."

Jace gives us our drinks and walks away without a word.

"Have you ever told him you like him?"
"That's a high school move." she picks up her drink and takes a sip. "I want him to want me. To pursue me. If I tell him, I'll seem too easy to get."
"Sounds complicated." I take a sip.

Delicious.

"Hey Ava."
"Hm?"
"Is your brother here?"
"He's here somewhere. Why?"
"Just wanted to thank him for last week."
"Are you sure? Because I could have sworn you told him that a couple days ago..." she drags the o and takes another sip.
I freeze.
"Yes, he told me. He also asked lots of questions about you that I couldn't answer of course, but you know."
"I don't even know his name." I whisper.

"Speak up! I can't hear you if you whisper over the music."

"Does he know my name?" I ask.
"Yes and appearance, that's all though."
"Oh."
"Go find him. It'll help us all, trust me."

What does she mean by it'll help us all? I don't ask this though. I nod, take a big gulp, and go off to find him.