Part 31

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You what?" I ask.

No one responds. Tris is still grabbing the collar of his shirt and Mason is only glaring at him.

"I'll be back, do not leave." I say as I hurriedly go to the staff room and clock out. When I get back to them they are in the same position. "Let's go."
   Still no response.
"I won't let you two jeopardize my job here now let's go."
    After about a minute, Tristan lets go of Mason. They glare at each other as I grab both of their arms and pull them towards the exit.
  "Have a nice night Nancy." I say as I leave.
"Oh um.. goodnight Joslyn." my co-worker says awkwardly. I drag them into the parking lot and tell them to meet me at that taco place.

"No."
"Not with him." Mason and Tris say simultaneously.
"Well Mason, I'm not exactly too fond of you right now so either you talk to me about this now or I'll never forgive or talk to you again. And Tristan, we already need to talk. Please, I need you here." I whisper the last part to him.
Tristan sucks in a breath then looks away and nods. Mason agrees then heads to his car.

"Don't bail on me. If he doesn't tell me everything you will, right?"
"I don't know the details." Tris says.
"Alright. Do you know the taco place?" I ask.
"No. I'll follow you."
"Okay." I head to my car and drive over to the taco shack. I'm pissed at Mason but not because he slept with Brooklyn. In fact, I think they look cute together. I'm glad they talked after the roller skating. But... but.. I'll give him a piece of my mind.

We all make it there and are seated immediately. Guess they aren't busy on Mondays. We get the same waitress as last time.
"Nice to see you again sir. And you've brought a friend this time, quite handsome. What may I get you both today?"
Fuck her.

"Just a water, thank you." Tristan says.
"Beer." Mason answers.

"I'll get that rig–"

"Raspberry iced tea." I interrupt. She rolls her eyes and walks away. "Bitch."
They both smile but attempt to hide it.
"That shit isn't funny. You two didn't even say anything." I complain.

"You handled it just fine." Tristan says.
"Mm. Anyways, Mason, do you have anything you want to tell me about?"

He doesn't say anything. By the time he even moves the waitress brings over our drinks and asks us if we're ready to order.
"I'll take 3 steak tacos, hard shell." I say.
"2 fries fish tacos, hard shell." Mason says.
"Make it three." I glare at him.
"Fine, three instead."

"I'll have 3 shrimp tacos, soft." Tris says.

I freeze. He notices then stops the waitress mid-writing.
"Sorry, change it to chicken."
I look over at him and he's looking at me. I give him a small smile as a thank you and he slightly nods as a response. Mason raises an eyebrow at us both.

"I'll put these in for you two." she says as she walks away. I can't stand that woman.

Mason takes a sip of his beer then starts talking.
"Listen, it wasn't supposed to happen. I ran into her that day then we started talking and she showed me her dorm but we thought you'd be there. Once we realized you weren't one thing led to another and... we slept together. Then it happened again."
"Wait so you slept together more than once? Mason how could you?"
"Joslyn I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have done that to you but–"
"What are you talking about? This isn't about me, to hell with me! This is about Brooke. How dare you sleep with her then start calling me beautiful and touching my hair."

"I–"
"Mason you will not hurt her like this, do you understand me?"
"But I want you. You're the one I want." he says. Tris slams his glass down at this, spilling some water.

"You can't have me. The moment you even had sexual feelings towards her, you lost me. But even then.." I start.

The waitress comes over with our order and asks seductively if the boys need anything else.
"We're just fine, thank you." I grit. She walks away but not before winking at them. Damn her. I trade one taco with Mason and he does the same. Tris looks confused but I trade my steak and Mason's fish with his anyways.

"That way you could try all 3." I say just before biting down on the steak. I let out a small moan and close my eyes. God I love this.

"Do you do that every time you eat a steak taco?" Mason asks. I open my eyes and he's smirking at me and Tris is only staring.
   "This is only my second time so I guess, yeah. If they're always this good that is." I respond.
"So I was your first?"

"Say that again and I'll–" Tris starts but I interrupt.
   "Fuck you up. Don't forget I'm still mad at you. And don't forget the other thing I did the first time I met you. That was also a first."
   His smirk drops and he goes back to eating. We finish the rest of our meals without another word. Mason finally says something as we wait for the check.
   "What were you going to say?" he asks me.
"Hm?"
   "Earlier you said, 'but even then.' Even then what?"
"Oh. But even then.. I never liked you.. like that. I'm sorry Mason. I kept telling myself that you're a good person and that I should give you a chance but.."

"Enough. Let's go." Tris says. He gets up and grabs my arm to lead me out.
    "Hey what with you and grabbing my arm lately? And what do you mean let's go, we didn't pay for the food yet." I say.
"He'll pay to make up for this mess." Tris lets go of my arm then signals for me to follow him. I look over at Mason and he nods.
   "I'll talk to Brooklyn." Mason promises.
"Okay. Thanks Mason." I quickly follow Tris out the door and to his car that's parked right next to mine.

"Tris what's the big de–"
  "What's 'the other thing' you did to him the first time you met?" he asks.
"Why do you want to know?"
   "Joslyn. Tell me."
"Not until you say please. You've been lacking in manners lately." I tease.
    "You really are something. Please tell me."
"I slapped him."
     He drops his head and puts in on my shoulder. This causes a weird feeling in my stomach. What is this?

"What did you think happened?" I ask.
"I don't know. I couldn't stop thinking of different scenarios since you said it. What else happened between you two?"
  "Nothing happened or will happen between us. Do you believe me?"
He kisses my neck three times.
    "Tristan.."
He lets out a small sound then gets up. He digs in his pocket and hands me a ticket. I take it from him and look at it.

"You were serious? You really want me to go to Georgia with you and meet your parents?" I ask.
  He flinches then answers.

"I don't know about you meeting my parents but do you want to visit Georgia?"
   "Yes please."
"We'll meet you at the airport at around 5;30pm, the flight leaves at 6:45pm." he says.
    "Okay."
"Hurry and leave before paparazzi find me."
    "At this hour?"
"Yes."

Tris gets inside his car and I do the same. He waits until I leave first then drives off. I think of him the whole ride home.