Part 43

A/N; I forgot to mention Lloyd is black.. my bad ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Let's take a picture before the plane takes off." I say. We're sitting in the same order as before but this time I'm in an oversized T-shirt, shorts, and long boots. I take my phone out and take a picture with Tris and Ava but he is looking away. I shake my head, grab his face, turn it towards the camera, then take a picture. Perfect.
"Oh Tristan, I hired Jace as our new bartender." Ava says.
"Did you hire anyone else?" he asks.
"Hm.. actually yes. Joslyn will be our marketer."
"What?" Tris and I say simultaneously.

"No. She has no experience." Tris says.
"She is sitting right here." I say. I don't have a plan after college, this is a perfect opportunity for me! There's no way I'll let this slip between my fingers. "Tristan I can do it. I may not have experience but I am passing all my classes and–"
"Good grades have nothing to do with running a business you are completely unfamiliar with." Tris grits.
"But it does prove I have a more than basic understanding of how to correctly advertise and manage certain–"
"No."

"Um yes. Tristan we have 14 days to not only hire but fix up that club and have it opened for business." Ava says.
"Goddammit. Fine. But you'll have a marketer with experience to guide you as soon as possible. Don't fuck this up." he says as he scrolls through his phone. "I hired an assistant that'll help with this bullshit, we're meeting him as soon as we go to the venue."

"When is that?" Ava questions.
"As soon as we land."
~•~•~•~•~
As soon as we landed Jace picked us up from the airport and dropped us off at that venue where the lingerie party was held. As we get out the car, a fair skinned black man walks up to us. His hair is in small dreads almost like Lloyd's but smaller and braided back.
"Tristan Alvarez, I'm Daniel Moneo the new assistant you hired. Just call my Danny, 'kay?"

"Sure. What'd you get on employers?" Tris asks him as they walk inside the club.
"Well for starters, construction is coming in about an hour like you requested. I took a look around and this wall.." Danny points to the wall separating the bar and the dance room "...needs to go. You could extend the dance floor, add sofas, decors, and overall increase space. Regardless, the people that turned in resumes are for the following positions; Bartender, custodian, financial officer, and marketer."
"I see."

Danny turns around to face Ava, Jace, and I then gives an us apologetic smile.
  "My bad, I'm Danny. You must be Ava Alvarez and you two are..?"

"Jace."
"Joslyn."

"Pleasure to meet you guys. I'm hungry, wanna get a sub down the street?" Danny asks.
  "I'd love to." I say.
"Alright let's go. I'll be back in a half hour Tristan."

"What? Aren't you supposed to be here assisting in-" Tris starts.
   "Yeah I did but now I'm hungry. Call it my lunch break."
"At 11am?!"
    "See ya. Let's go Joslyn." he chuckles before grabbing my hand and leading me to his car. Should I really trust him to drop me off at Sam's Subs and back? I mean, if Tris trusts him why shouldn't I?

"Don't worry, I'm already pushing things as it is with the boss." he laughs. "I wouldn't harm his girl in any way."
  "His girl? How'd-"
"Mystery girl taken to Georgia to meet his parents! That was the title of yesterday's tabloid. No face of course but same hair as yours right now. This morning was romantic pictures of you two at the park." he says sarcastically.
   "Oh god." I laugh.
"Lifestyle of the rich and the famous."
   "Well technically, I can't relate. He refuses to make me his girl for some reason. I'm trying to figure out why."

We get into the car and start driving to Sam's Subs.

"Sounds complicated. Well was the sex good?"
   "What? Where'd you get that?"
"Come on, he takes you on a getaway to Georgia and you're telling me you didn't throw it back?"

We both start laughing. I like Danny, he's laid back and really funny. Plus, he's not intimidated by Tris. Instead of staying by his side the whole time and trying to kiss up to him, he gave himself a lunch break.

   "He stopped me before I could even touch his... you know. But he did.. oral to me."
"And that was...?"
   "Honestly, it was fucking amazing. I've never experienced it like that."
"That good, huh?" he asks.

"Yes. But enough about me! How about you? Do you have a special someone?"
"Nope, I'm enjoying the single life. Nothing better than fucking with no strings attached."
  "Oh really? Tristan should know all about that." I mumble.
"I heard it was a new one every night and never the same girl twice but that was before."
     "Before what?" I ask.

"Well have you seen him with any girls late night lately?"
    "No but I don't pay attention to that."
"Regardless, he hasn't. Maybe the reason he won't fuck you is because he wants to stay with you longer. Normally it's fuck em' and duck em' but maybe he doesn't wanna duck you. But hey, what do I know? I'm not Tristan."

He's right.. Tristan hasn't been seen with any women lately but me. That's why the paparazzi are going crazy trying to figure out who I am. Is that truly the reason Tris won't fuck me?

"Well we're here. Come on I'm starving." he says as he gets out the car. We walk into the restaurant and order. He gets a philly cheese steak and I got a regular ham and provolone cheese.

"Oh look, it's your man right now." Danny says as he opens up his phone.
"What'd he say?"
"Nothing serious. Just that he'll not only fire me but have my head and ass on a platter if I harm you in any way."
"Oh.."
"Lighten up." Danny chuckles. "Tell me more about this Georgia trip of yours."

I tell him about the racing and the park. I also tell him how I met one of Tris's old friends and their daughter. He genuinely seems interested in everything I have to say. We throw away the wrappers and head back to the club. Tris is pacing back and forth telling Ava something about sofas and Jace is looking at the huge bar. Honestly, I'd like to go home and study for finals this week. I send Brooke a text to pick me up as I lean against the wall. After about 10 minutes Tris walks up to me.

  "You okay?" he asks.
"Yeah, and you?"
  "Peachy. Want me to drop you home?"
"No it's fine, Brooklyn's on the way. I didn't want to disrupt you so I texted her."

He nods then walks away to make a phone call. Looking back, he's always been like this at a club, hasn't he? From our first meeting to now, he's always been serious. I wonder if going to a club only makes him think of business. Will it be like that for me too when I start working as his marketer? Regardless, I will try my fucking hardest not to mess anything up! This family business means a lot to him. I get a text from Brooke saying she's here. I tell everyone a quick bye then leave.