Part 15

A/N: So guys this is how the dorm is laid out so there's no confusion. Also, do you guys like switching the POV often or just one POV (Joslyn's) ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mason's POV

  "Come on Joslyn, tell me." I say.
"I've told you over and over again."
   "I don't get it. What happened at that party that made you stop going out? You only come to the campus and go to work. And you barely pick up your phone now."

"That's because every time you call you invite me to a party I have no interest in going." she says as she types on her computer.

She comes to the campus cafe every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to study and drink tea in the morning. Never coffee.

"And for the last time, nothing happened! Partying made me fall behind on my grades so now I'm done. I wanted to keep partying until graduation but not if it means failing my classes." she explains.
      "Wait, didn't you say it was one assignment?"
"So you do remember and yeah it was one but I can't afford for it to be two or three or five."
      "It won't be. Just one-"

"Mason."
The tone she used is curt so I don't push it anymore.

  "Well, you looked very hot that day. How long ago was it, 3 weeks? What I wouldn't do to see you in that again." I say.

  "You mean mostly naked in lingerie?" she smiles at this but quickly tries her best to hide it. Not good enough.

"And the hot pink hair with the light brown eyes."
   "Light pink, not hot."
"Oh excuse me, didn't realize you were majoring in the fine arts."
    "Minor actually." she jokes.
"Shame."
   "Shut up." she shakes her head and finally closes her laptop.

  "Graduation is coming up."
"Don't remind me." she groans.
   "You're not happy to finally get rid of lectures and essays?"

"No I'm ecstatic about that, it's just.. never mind. I've got to head to class."
    "I'll walk you." I offer.
"It's okay."
    "I insist. So will your parents be there at graduation or-"
        "No."
   "Oh?"

"Mason I've really got to go, okay? Thank you for all of this."

She packs up her laptop, shoves it into her bag, and walks past me. I don't watch her leave, instead I go order a regular sized coffee with a blueberry muffin. WhenI come back I hear her voice. Didn't she leave in a hurry? I know it's wrong but I listen in on her conversation anyway while trying my best not to be seen.

"You don't need to apologize for anything, like you said, your personal feelings and relationships have nothing to do with me. So tell Ava she can ease up on you, okay?" Joslyn says.
    "Good, so you can go partying with her and she can get off my ass." a male says.
"No."
     "What do you mean no?"
"I don't have time for that anymore, it's affecting my grades. It had nothing to do with you. Why would it have anything to do with you?"
      "Her exact words were 'you may have caused her a great amount of distress and emotional trauma pouncing on that girl like that.'"

I believe she laughed at this quietly. I look up at the man and see he's smirking as he looks away from her. His face is familiar.. wait.. is that?

"You were pouncing on her." Joslyn says.
"So you were watching me, huh?"
"No I was getting a drink when you so happen to be in my line of vision."

"Sure you were. Did you enjoy the show?"

Who does he think he is talking to her like that?

"It was a very.. unpleasant surprise." she responds.
"Are you sure Joslyn?"
"What's your name?"
"You call me Tris, isn't that good enough?"
"No. I want your full name!"
"We don't always get what we want, now do we?"
"You son of a-"

I look up at them again to see why she stopped mid sentence. He raises an eyebrow so I assume he's just as confused. Her head is turned to the stand of magazines. She looks back and forth at him and the magazine stand. She walks up to the magazine stand and picks up a magazine and stares intensely at it then at him.
Am I correct? Is it really..

She turns the magazine to him while pointing at a person on the magazine. I can't see the picture from where I'm sitting but I can see the headline as clear as day.

Tristan & Ava Alvarez;
Continuing the family business

So this is Tristan Alvarez.