Part 50

A/N; Random but I just saw a Chili's commercial and now I want some lmao
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tristan's POV

What am I doing?

Everything was going perfectly. I avoided her and even brought random women to my home to try and lessen the amount of magazines and paparazzi on her.

Now here I am, driving her home because I wanted to be involved in her family drama. The moment she said his name I knew it was her brother but still... I couldn't stop myself from following her. I had to ensure she was safe.

But didn't you want her safe from yourself?

Goddammit. I need to get her home ASAP. I need to drink and think. I park in front of her new apartment then walk her to the door. She thanks me then steps inside. Just as I'm about to turn around and leave she screams.
I quickly pull open the door letting myself in only to see her little brother laying down on the empty floor, hoodie off, abs showing, and a cigarette in his mouth. He has a small frame yet very built. Impressive for a 19 year old.

"Jayden Alexander Lozano! Give me those! You should not be smoking, you know better than this!" Joslyn yells as she takes the cigarettes away.
"They're disgusting anyways. Hey, why don't you have any furniture in here?" he asks. I look around and see the apartment is completely bare. Does she even have a bed set yet?

"I just moved in this week. I haven't had the chance to go furniture shopping." she answers.
"Why didn't you buy it when you bought the apartment?"
"Well, I'm not rich."
"Bullshit. You have your father's money."
"I wanted to accomplish this myself without his money."
"Oh yeah so you bought this 2 bedroom apartment solely from working at your part time job?"
"D-Damn you Jayden!" she yells dramatically resulting in him laughing. She stops yelling and smiles down at him. "Jayden, where's your luggage?"

He stops laughing. He turns away from her while saying a string of curses.

"You didn't bring any clothes yet you bought a gun and some cigarette?! How'd you even get a gun?" she asks.
   "It's America."
"Dammit. Okay let's go. We've got to buy you some clothes and a bed and furniture."
    "You don't have a bed frame yourself. It's just a mattress in there."

What? I walk into her bedroom and see he's right. There's nothing in her bedroom but a single mattress and 3 boxes of clothes.

"Why didn't you tell me you needed a bed frame?" I ask her.
   "Before or after you ignored and left me high and dry?"
"Fuck." I dig in my pocket to get my wallet.
    "Stop. I'm not taking your money, I've got this. I may need to work overtime to pay for the flight though."

"I'll pay–"
   "No." she answers.
"At least let me take the kid shopping."

"Hey how much do these wigs costs?" Jayden asks out of nowhere holding up a purple wig.
   "Give me that! I just made this. And did you really have to do that in front of him?" she whispers the last part.
"You make them?"
    "Yes." she says with a sigh. "Fine okay, you go with Tristan and buy some clothes. I'll go buy you a bed and toiletries like a toothbrush and deodorant. We'll fly out to Ohio next week. Is that okay with you?"

He looks over at me then smiles.
"I never thanked you. You are the reason I found my sister after all."
~•~•~•~•~
My father has been calling me nonstop since the graduation. I have to hear it when I get to the club today. Jayden bought plenty of clothes to last a week, over $3,000 worth. How a kid spent over $3,000 worth of clothes for only one fucking week is beyond me.
   "Thanks!" he says.
"Mhm." I respond. "You don't have to be so hard on your sister."
    "I know."

Asshole.

     "My mother told me all she's done for me. She took care of me when my mom didn't. She's the one who feed me and got me ready for school. She even cooked for me and treated me when I was sick. That's why it hurt so much when she left, it was like losing a mom." he says.

I don't respond. How do you respond to something like that?

"Anyway, you love my sister huh?"
"What?"
"You love my sister."
"I don't love her. She's just one of my employees and .. friend I guess."
"Do you kiss all your friends and take them on a romantic getaway to Georgia? I bet you're even coming to Ohio with her too, aren't you?"
"I don't love Joslyn."
"Sure. Did you sleep with her yet?"
"No I didn't and I don't plan on doing it."
"Damn. She'll be pretty disappointed to hear that."

I don't love Joslyn. Right?
Psh, of course not.
I mean, it is true I've never felt something this strong towards any woman but her. And I want to taste her again.. that's new. I usually never want the same woman twice. But.. I want her.
Dammit is this love?
Do I.. love her?

"You're thinking about her." Jayden laughs.
"You're kind of annoying, kid."
"Because I'm right?"
"Yes. I don't know... if I love her. How do you know when you love someone?"

Why the fuck am I asking a teenager this?

"How am I supposed to know? I'm not trying to fall in love."
"Me neither."
"May be too late for that. The way I see it, if you've got trouble fucking another girl without thinking of my sister, it's already too late."
"God-fucking-dammit."
"That settles it. You love my sister."
"You can't tell her Jayden." I look at him then the road again. "I can't be with her."

"No problem, doesn't affect me one way or another. Just know, whatever the reason is, that won't stop her from loving you."
"She loves me?"
"Oh my god you two are hopeless." he laughs. "But yeah, she won't stop loving you once she starts. Even with a gun to her head, she looked at me with nothing but happiness and love. What I'm trying to say is–"
"It won't be easy to shake her off."
"Exactly."