Part 28

A/N; Are you guys interested in Ava & Jace's story? Next chapter will be what happened before Ava came to this meeting. (:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tristan's POV

Shit.. my head hurts.
What did I even do last night to get like this? I open my eyes to see water and ibuprofen on my nightstand. Did I put these here?
I take them and try to remember what happened. I only had three drinks.. I get hangovers too easily.

What happened last night?
I get up and walk towards the bathroom and do my morning routine. The headache remains as I finish up my shower.
"Damn and I have a meeting this afternoon." I mumble. As I walk out of my bedroom I see my art room door open. I don't usually leave this open. I walk in and see a bottle on the floor, a couple glasses, a coke can, pencils, and my sketchbook. I drew something last night? I bend down and pick up the book.

"Fuck.."

I really drew this?
I did.. and in front of her! I told her what I have and she stayed and watched me draw this. She didn't want to keep it? More importantly, she's not afraid? An alarm interrupts my thoughts.

12:30 meeting

It's 12:00pm right now. I have time so I'll go eat something before I go.
~•~•~•~•~
"Thank you Tristan for taking on this meeting with me. It's been far too long since our last one." Angelina says. We're at the venue I bought from her a few days back.

I didn't want to go to this meeting but she insisted that it was an important matter. Also, when did it become okay for her to address me by my first name?

"Well with the constant emailing and messages, how could I not? What important matter did you want to discuss?" I ask.
   "We'll get to that but first may I ask you a personal question?"
"I'm sure you'll ask regardless of my response to that."
   "Ignoring that.. who's the mystery girl?"
"Excuse me?"
   "Your mystery girl." she pulls out a magazine and shoves it towards me.

The title says;
Tristan Alvarez's New Mystery Girl: Could he finally be settling down?

The cover is a picture of Joslyn but she has the jacket and shades I gave her yesterday plus the blonde hair.  I open it up and skip a few pages until I see the ones about me. They have her in front of my apartment door just before I pulled her in. Dammit I didn't pull her in fast enough. It talks about how she's a mystery and how we might be secret lovers.

Great another problem I brought on to her. Shit.

"Well?" Angelina asks impatiently. 
    "Well what?"
"Well is it true? You two are lovers? Who is she?"
     "None of your concern."
"Oh Tristan. Trust me.." she leans in close to my ear while placing her hand on my neck. "I can make you feel good, I can please you more than she ever can. Together we can-"

How dare she–

"I'm here! Sorry I'm late- What the fuck? You better get your dirty, whorish claws off my brother you lecherous vixen!" Ava snaps as she makes her way towards us. Thank god too because I was about to lose it.

"Excuse me I don't remember inviting you."
   "And I think you may have forgotten who's in charge here. My brother may have signed the papers but both are names our written on that contract so I suggest you pull it together before I have your ass escorted off the premises by law officials."

"Excuse me for a moment." Angelina says as she walks away.

"You're late." I tell her.
"Seems I came at a perfect time. What was that about?"
"She perused me and interrogated me on this." I hand her the magazine.

"What a disgusting woman." she mumbles. "Secret lovers, huh?"
   "Don't start."
"Speaking of Joslyn, I bought her tickets."
   "Tickets for what?"
"Um you told her she's going with us to Georgia to see our parents."
    "What?! I would never-"
"She mentioned you being a bit out of it so she doubts you really meant it. Speaking of which, you know you can not handle whiskey! Why were you drinking it and three at that!"
   "Why'd you buy her the tickets then?" I ignore her last statements.

"Because you invited her now it's up to you to un-invite her if you want. She's never been to Georgia. It would be nice if-"
    "She can't go. Not to meet mom and dad."
"She can be introduced as my friend. Or better yet, she doesn't even have to go. She can stay at the hotel while we go."
     "Ava."
"It's up to you Tristan. Clear it up with her and decide if you want her to go or not. I'm not saying anything else on this matter."
   "Fine. Why are you late?"
"Had to talk to Jace."
   "How was that?" I ask.
"Good. Actually I have a date with him later tonight."
    "It's nice to see you happy."
"Thanks. Oh great that bitch is coming back."
     "We'll be done with this soon."

Angelina comes back but this time professionally. She tells us of the plumbing issues and goes over value prices even though we already knew this beforehand.

  "Thank you Tristan for coming once again." she says as she shakes my hand.

"That's Mr. Alvarez to you." Ava corrects.
   "Of course. Have a nice day."

She walks off but not without giving me a final glance followed by a wink.

"She's repulsing." Ava says.
  "Honestly." I agree.