Part 47

A/N; Do you guys like Natalia? She's only 'mean' to Joslyn when she's in front of Tristan d:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joslyn's POV

This sparkling cider isn't so bad. I take another sip as I lean against Tris. He doesn't seem to mind. I look down at his leg and see a small box poking out of his pants again. This is the second time since Georgia I've seen him with it.

"Hey Tris, what's that small box in your pocket?" I ask.
"It's nothing." he responds quickly then looks away.

Brooklyn gasps loudly.
"Don't tell me!" she screeches.
"Huh?"
She grabs my arm and pulls me towards the other side of the dorm as well as Ava's and Natalia's.

"He's probably planning to propose to you!" she screeches again.
"P-p-propose! No! Brooklyn what the hell are you talking about?! We aren't even dating." I whisper the last part.

"Clearly that can't be it. Especially not with me in the picture." Natalia says.
   "What picture are you in?"
"How dare you speak to your supervisor like that!"
    "It's after hours." I say with a smile.

"What do you think Ava?" Brooklyn asks Ava. She looks at her brother with a frown then back at us.
   "Guess we'll have to wait and see. But Joslyn, do you love him?"

"It's a little too early for that! Plus, he's my boss now and–"
  "Wait! That was you on all those magazines. You're his mystery girl?!" Natalia asks astonished. "Of course. The hair, the body figure... it all makes sense now."
"Oh my god! I can't wait to be the maid of honor!" Brooke says excitedly.

"Brooklyn! No one is getting married here." I say.
   "Fine fine. I guess it is best we wait a year or two, that way I won't be a fat maid of honor."

"You're not fat." Ava says.
  "Not yet." she replies.
"What?"

"Aye girls, come look at this." Danny calls. We all walk towards him and look at his phone. It's my face with a title stating;

Mystery girl solved: Tristan Alvarez's new boo

"Let me see this." I grab his phone and read the article. They somehow had my name and school I attend all on full display for anyone to see. "Is this even legal?"
"Since it's not for advertising or trading purposes, I believe so." Danny replies.
"Fuck."

"You're famous, what's the problem?" Brooklyn asks.

Images of my mother flash in my head.
I don't want to ever see her again. I look different since when I left, more mature, but my features are still very similar. I look just like my father.

"Please forgive her."

"What? Forgive who?" Brooke asks.
  "What? Oh no one. Brooke don't you have something to tell Mason?" I say.

"What is it babe?" Mason asks.

Ava goes back on Jace's lap and kisses him. Natalia crosses her arms next to Danny while he takes his phone from me.

"Um.. I'm.."

I offer her a smile as best I could. Tris is looking at me, does he notice how uneasy I am right now? He pulls me until I'm on his lap with his arms around me and my head resting on his shoulder.
  "Tell me what you're thinking." he whispers.

"I'm... changing my diet! Yes. No more alcohol for a while!" Brooke says.
   "We all know that won't last." Mason laughs.
"Yes it will! I'll survive on this Apple cider thing and and sparkling water."
    "Tell me the real reason why you're not drinking." Mason chuckles.
"Fine fine. I'm .. I'm pregnant."

Everyone's smile drops for a second then comes back up. Everyone congratulates her but Mason, he's sitting still. He's in complete shock.
  "Is it..?"
"Yes Mason, it's yours. I went to the doctor this morning, I'm about 3 weeks. I wanted to tell you when I found out, I did, but I was so nervous and–"

He interrupts her by pulling her into his arms and kissing her. This last some time and doesn't seem like it'll stop anytime soon. He backs her up into her  room and closes the door behind him. Oh great, I get to hear their moans and groans all night.

"Well that's my cue." Danny laughs. He knocks on their door. "Need any help in there?!"
   "No!" they yell simultaneously making Danny laugh even more.
"Thanks for inviting me Joslyn. Goodbye everyone."

"We're going to go too." Ava says.

We all exchange hugs and say bye to each other. The only one left is Tristan.

"You're not going too? You'd have to hear whatever's going down in there." I point towards Brooklyn's room.
   "You never told me what you were thinking." he answers.
"I'll tell you in my room, come on."

He follows me into my room and closes the door behind us. Finally, the moans and squeaking of the bed is almost completely silenced. Almost.

"I was thinking of the woman who birthed me. She has no idea where I am right now but with that article out..." I say.
   "I understand. I'm sorry, it's my fault. I should have never–"
"Stop. It was bound to happen eventually. I don't regret meeting and hanging out with you."
    "You should."
"Are you going to tell me what's in that box?" I ignore that last part.
     "My father gave it to me, let's leave it at that."
"Okay."
     "How do you feel about Danny?" he asks.
"He's funny and nice. I like him."
      "Like him in what way?"
"Um, a friendship way. I don't have feelings for anyone but you Tris, you know that."
        He nods.

"I've got to go. Listen Joslyn, this is the last time I'll do this."
   "Do wha–"
He kisses me intensely. His hands move to my waist and I move mines to his face. He has stubble, I wonder what he'd look like with a full beard.

Wait.
The last time he'll do this? What?

He breaks the kiss and looks at me. Why does he make everything so damn complicated? Why must this be the last time?

"We'll keep it professional from now on."
   "No. You and I both know that's not possible. We have something Tristan."
"And look where it got you. What if your mother comes and finds you because of me! I'll only bring you more trouble."
   "But you also bring me–"
"No. Goodbye Ms. Lozano."

And he leaves without saying another word.