Part 11

A/N: Would you guys also like different POV's? Comment below :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joslyn flashback; 2002

I sit on the cold floor, leaning against my closed bedroom door.

   "So he's not mine!" I hear my father yell. "You lied to me! You cheating whore! You said you loved me yet you cheat on me? Me! You're nothing but a pathetic liar and a gold digger. I'm taking my daughter and leaving. You could care for that son of yours by yourself."

   "Like hell you are! Unless you're willing to pay.." my mom replies back.

"So that's what you're concerned about, money? That's what you used me for? I should have known you can't turn a hoe into a housewife. I let you use me but you will not use my daughter."

I hear heavy footsteps coming towards my door so I back up as fast as my 7 year old body would allow me. My dad comes through the door and picks me up telling me how we need to go.
    "But daddy! What about Jayden?" I ask.
"Mommy will take care of him, but you baby girl. I don't know anymore but don't worry, I'll protect you." he reassures me.

   "You are not going anywhere with her!" mom yells.
"Watch me Adrienne."
   "Okay Richard. I'll just be sure to get the police involved."

  Dad freezes in his footsteps. Even at a young age, I knew my father did bad, illegal things. That's what made him so wealthy and my mother wanted it. She wanted it all just so she could loose it gambling at a casino.

Casino.
I knew that word too and I hated it. She would leave hours at a time to go there and come home too high or too broke to feed us or give us any attention and for that I hated her.
I hated my own mother.
Mother's Day meant nothing to me and I refused to do anything for her.

  "Come on daddy, lets go." I tug on his collar but he slowly puts me down.

  "I'm sorry baby girl. I'll have to get you out another day. I promise." he tells me.

He kisses the top of my head then leaves all while glaring at my mother. She wears an ugly smirk as tears begin to roll off my cheek.
   "And as for you baby girl" she spits the last two words out "I'll have to teach you a little lesson about wanting to leave your own mother. You know you bring a lot of money to me."

I hated her more that day. It was that day that I knew I'd resent that woman for the rest of my life.