Part 54

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fiancé...
Tristan has a fiancé?

The woman turns away from me and looks at Tristan. She immediately smashes her lips down on his as he puts her down. She digs in his pocket and takes out the small box he's been carrying.

So Brooke was right, it is a wedding ring.

The woman opens it and slides the beautiful diamond on her finger.

"I love it. Look everyone, look at the ring my fiancé gave me." she shows off her ring to the paparazzi and they seem to love it. They're eating it up. The flashes grow faster and they grow louder.
   "You have a fiancé?" I ask him.
"Uh I'm right here, aren't I? Just what are you to my soon to be husband?" she asks.

"Stop it Tiana." Tris says. "What are you doing here?"
   "Your dad told me you'd be here. I flew in all the way from Italy to see you again."
"Of course he did. Let's go."
    "You never told me who she is." Tiana points to me.

"He's her secret lover!"
"Lover!"
"Mistress!" The paparazzi say without permission. None of those are even true.

"I'm not his–" I start.
   "I know you're not because he's with me now. Whatever affair was going on is now done. I'd be best not to cross me about it. Let's go Tristan." she bumps into me as she walks past.

I'm not only humiliated but utterly shocked. How could he not tell me? After all we've been through...

"Tris?"
He ignores me and heads towards Tiana. No goodbye, no explanation, no apology, nothing. He's leaving me alone after what I just went through yesterday. What happened to being by my side? I sigh and walk in their direction.
A limo is waiting for them outside. As I step in Tiana gives me a look but I ignore it. I give the diver my address then remain silent.

"So babe, how about we continue where we left off from last time?" Tiana says as she moves onto his lap. I politely turn away from them but that doesn't help. "How long has it been since then? Since you had a real woman..." she kisses him.
"Please don't do this now." Tris says.
"She doesn't mind. I'll make you forget she's even here, trust me." she kisses him again but this time he doesn't push her away. He just lets her do. Maybe he's kissing her back but I refuse to look at them do this. Has she no shame?

Finally the torture is coming to a rest. The driver announces we're in front of my apartment. I step out the limo, quickly say goodbye, and walk towards my front door. Once inside, I throw myself on to the couch and cry.

I cry because of my mom.
I cry because Jayden is gone.
And I cry for Tristan. Seeing him with another girl somehow hurts me more than the other two combined. Was I misreading his feelings? Maybe he never had any for me.
Is this.. love?
Goddammit.

I... I love Tristan.
But he doesn't love me. 
~•~•~•~•~•~
"Happy 4th of July everyone! Thank you for coming out here and celebrating it with us! This is just a small thanks for the hard work you've all been doing for us! Please, enjoy the free drinks, food, and music. Here's to our first employee celebration!" Tristan and Ava say. We all cheer and raise our drinks. We closed the club for the day and all meet up at the beach.

"Daddy look, it's Ava! She's so pretty." Jace's daughter Maddie says.
   "You're both beautiful." Jace says as he picks the little girl up. "So very pretty."

The only resemblance she has to her dad is the black hair. She must look like her mom.

"Now this was well deserved. I could get used to this." Danny says as he lays down on the lounge chair.
"That bad?" I ask.
"Tristan's been on edge ever since you two came back a couple days ago. Not to mention his wife-to-be popping out of nowhere, interrupting him constantly. Then he takes the shit out on me!"
"Oh man."
"How are you feeling?"
"Do I really have to answer?"
"Aren't those your friends?" he ignores.
"Brooke! Mason!" I wave. They smile as they come toward me. "Almost two months pregnant, how's it feel?"

"Nauseating." Brooke responds. "It's been so long since I've seen you."
"I know I know. Is Mason taking care of you?"

"Yes I am." he chuckles as he opens up a chair and sits down. "Thanks for inviting us."
   "Wouldn't be the same without you guys. Plus, I needed to be around some friends."
"I hear that."

Ava walks up to us and sits down next to Jace and his daughter.
  "Are you having fun Maddie?" she asks.
"Yup! I want to go in the water. Let's go!"
  "Wait, you're not hungry? We have sandwiches, chips, and fruits."
"Hm.. I want a sandwich."

Ava smiles as she gives her a ham and cheese sandwich.

"Okay I'm going to come out and say it since everyone else is too scared to. What the hel– I mean heck– happened with you and Tristan?" Danny asks.
   "Nothing happened. We were never together."
"Bull. You two had–"
    "Nope. We were just friends."
"So you're telling me you have no feelings for him?"
     "Well..."
"Okay. So you wouldn't mind if I did this?"

He puts his right hand through my hair and pushes my hard forward gently. He moves in close to my face. Is he going to kiss me..? Should I let him? He is an attractive man and it's not like either of us are taken. I should let him, I just have to lean forward. I lean in..
then stop.
I put my head down and lean back.

"You've got me." I say with a sad smile.

  He leans back as Tristan makes his way to us. He sits across from me but never looks my direction.

"Look who's here. Listen here Tristan, I'm pissed how you did my girl Joslyn. How could you–" Brooke starts.

  "Stop."