Part 24

A/N; Sorry it's so short. Btw Joslyn was born in 1995 & she's 14 in this chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joslyn's flashback, 2009

"Listen, you know it's not your fault right?" Lloyd says to me. I don't respond. Lloyd was my father's closest and most trusted friend. So much so he made him my godfather.

"Come on now I know he raised you better than that. It's rude not to answer." he says.

I still don't respond. He finally stops the car in front of a large house. I look up at it with awe but still don't speak a word. I haven't said anything since–

"Well come on now. Come see your new home." he says as he gets out the car.

New home?

He guides me through the 3 bedroom home and shows me where everything is. There's also a big garage with 2 cars in it.
   "Nice, huh? It was your father's. He sure did know how to pick em."
I nod.

"Well then it's all yours. Unfortunately there is bad news I've got to share. You know me and your father did a lot of things to get wealthy, right? Since he's in a better place I'll take over for him in the business."
   "Drug dealing business." I mumble.
"Yes. Meaning I can't stay in one location for a long period of time. I've got to make drops and handle the loads. So-"
     "You're leaving me here alone?!"
"For most of the time yes. Listen I'll leave you money and you know how to cook. How about err..$2,000 a month? That should be enough."
     "Lloyd."
"I'm sorry Joslyn but I've got work to do. I've got to go tonight actually. You can hire a butler or bodyguard if you prefer and you know how to forge signatures. I'll always come here and check on you and I'll call everyday. I'll see you sweetheart." he kisses the top of my head and heads towards the door.

"And one more thing. You are not responsible for your father's death. There's nothing you could have done better. Please remember that."