Part 62

A/N; **TRIGGER WARNING** // we're near the end of the story guys ,, that makes me sad & happy at the same time 🤧
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tristan's POV
Wednesday

"You sent out wedding invitations?!" I yell.
    "Stop yelling at me! Daddy told me to make them as soon as possible so I did. And then your dad called me for some reason. He told me to invite some girl named Joslyn Lozano and gave me her address. Who the fuck is she? Why is she so important that your dad personally wants her invited?"
"Don't worry about her."
     "It's that mistress of your isn't it. You slept with her didn't you!"
"Who I sleep with is none of your concern."
      "Yes the fuck it is. I'm not going to catch an STD because you want to hop to different women and I'm certainly..." she nags.
"I'm going to work."

How am I supposed to live with her the rest of my life? I get in my car and drive to the club.
When I arrive, everyone's early and waiting for me to unlock the door. I check the time and see I'm later than usual.

"Sorry everyone." I mumble as I open the club doors. Everyone gives me a good morning except Joslyn. She walks right past me without so much as a glance.

Did she get the wedding invitation already? She's probably pissed at me. I groan and lock the door behind us. Regardless of how much she hates me, I need to know how she is. She left for Ohio according to magazines so it has to be something with Jayden. I grab her arm before she could walk to her office.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.
She turns around. She has a completely blank face. Her eyes are no longer filled with happiness or laughter, it's bare. It's as if she's emotionless. She nods then attempts to walk away but I'm still holding her arm. She doesn't try to break free or walk any further. She stands there until I let go. When I do, she walks to her office and shuts the door behind her.

What happened to the sexy badass that I met that first day?
What happened to the sweetheart that kissed my scars last week?
What happened to my Joslyn?
~•~•~•~•~•~
8:15pm

Ava storms into my office with Jace, Danny, and Natalia right behind her.

"What the fuck did you do?" she snarls at me. Ava is never mad at me like this.
"What are you talkin–"
"I'm talking about Joslyn! What did you do to her?!"
"I... she had an emergency at home."

"She's different. Usually I'd scold her for sighing but today she stared at the wall and remained silent. She never spoke. When I asked her what's wrong she replied 'nothing ma'am' very monotone then got a laptop and started managing the website." Natalia says.

"We usually have lunch together. I took her to the sub place down the sreeet but all she did was sit and stare. She wouldn't eat, she wouldn't drink, for God's sake she almost sat down on the floor on her knees." Danny mentions.

"Shit. Okay, Danny go check up on her." I say.
"What?"
"Go to her house now and see what's she doing. She's more likely to open up to you, you guys always had this weird friendship. I'd go but..."
"Weird? There's nothing weird about our friendship. And alright, I'll call you if anything."

"Update us all." Natalia says.
"Alright."
~•~•~•~•~
"Well?" I ask Danny on the phone.
"She cut her hair. It was very uneven so I helped her a bit. She's lucky my dad was a barber because–"
"Anything else?"
"She sits near a corner on her knees. She keeps her head down. She doesn't respond if you talk to her except when I said the word drink. She got up, handed me a beer, then went back to the spot she was kneeling on."
"Jesus."
"Yeah I don't know man. She's like... not even herself anymore."
"Back in Georgia she told me when she was younger she used to shut down. She wouldn't know if days, weeks, or months passed by. She said she was gone mentally but physically she did everything expected of her. I never understood what she meant by gone but now..."
"She's gone. Joslyn is gone." Danny says.
"How do we bring her back?"
"I don't know. I've never heard or seen this in my life. How about an intervention? Everyone comes here to her house and we talk her out of this shit."