Part 39

A/N; Changing POVs next part.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joslyn's POV

He shot the bullet above my head. Marilena says something in Italian while Tris looks at me but I'm focused only on his dad.

"So Mr. Alvarez, did you get your answer?" I ask.
"I did. Thank you Joslyn Lozano, enjoy the rest of your stay here in Georgia." he gets up from his sweat then starts heading towards the door he came from but stops and says "Word of advice, don't stay with my son. I see the way he looks at you and I've seen the pictures. I don't know what kind of affair you two have going on but you'll only get hurt in the end."

"Ma we're leaving. Thanks for the food." Ava says. She hugs her mother before going to Tristan and touching his shoulder. He's looking off in space as his mother gives him a hug. She apologizes to me then goes off to the room.

Tristan gets up then walks out the door and into the car. He drives us silently to some park. As soon as he parks, he gets out and walks away.
"Joslyn I am so incredibly sorry." Ava says.
"It was nothing, where's he going?" I ask.
"To think. You can go but I doubt he'll speak."
"I'll go."

I hop out the car and follow Tristan into the empty park. He sits on the ground and I join him. He doesn't speak, just looks out into the open field. I slowly lower my head on to his shoulder. No response. We stay like this for a few minutes, unmoving and silenced.

"You didn't even flinch. Why are you still here? Why aren't you crying and hating me?" he says.
"I can't hate you Tris. I'm here because I want to be. I'm not crying because I'm not sad, unfortunately having a gun aimed at my head isn't new for me."

"What?" he asks.
"My past isn't filled with rainbows and sunshine."
"Tell me about it."

And I do. I told him everything from Jayden to my father's death. He stiffens beneath me.

"I need to understand you. Tell me more."
"How can you understand someone who can't understand themselves?"

His silence returns for a few minutes.

"I'm so sorry. I should have never brought you there but he's right. I will only hurt you Joslyn, we can't be together."
"Tris."
"No Joslyn."
"What about understanding me? The OCD?"
"I'll deal with it."

Why does this hurt so much? Just yesterday we were pressed together in a pool happily.

"Tris don't. You told me what happens when you start getting interested–"
"Joslyn." he says my name coldly.
"Tell me more about your past. Please."

"My past? I told you–"
"The one's you're hiding. I told you everything of mine. You know more about me than anyone now."

He give me a slight nod.

"This has happened before. Back in high school I let a girl in, I loved her. Well.. I thought I did but looking back at it, it never would have worked. She was too sweet and kind. Regardless, I cared for her and invited her to meet my parents. My dad did the same shit but she screamed and cried. She hated me and rightfully so. Relationships are not an option for me until.. fuck it."

   "I'm sorry."
"Compared to you that's nothing. Fuck, Joslyn. Your past.."
   "I know."
He growls then shakes his head.

"Let's get out of here." he says.
   "Don't run, talk to me."
"No. This is our last day in Georgia, don't you want it to be memorable?"
  "I want to spend it with you. Doesn't matter where."

"Don't say that."
   "Why not?

He pushes me down, positioning me down on the ground as he holds my wrist down on top of me. He leans in to my right ear then gently bites down and slightly pulls on it.
   "Because it'll drive me crazy." he whispers in my ear.

"Do you have an ear fetish or something? You always go for the ear first." I ask as a joke. He chuckles at this then gets up.

"It's 4:36pm, let's do something." he gives me a smile but it never reaches his eyes. His eyes are sad. I nod a response then follow him back to the car.