Part 57

A/N; Does anyone like Joslyn & Danny together? (:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tristan's POV
2 weeks later
9:45am

Where am I? I open my eyes to see a heart monitor and an IV attached to me.

I'm at a hospital? Why? I try to sit up but a sharp pain strikes my head. Fuck.
A nurse stops in my room and stares in shock.

"You're awake." the man says. "You've been unconscious for two weeks now."
    "What happened?"
"You crashed into a wall while driving over 80 miles per hour."
     "Jesus."
"Yes sir. Are you feeling any pain?"
     "My head hurts."
"I'll go get you some medication and something to eat." he says just before walking away.

I've been out for two weeks...
I think back to the accident. I remember I was racing that day... it was the Fourth of July. I left the beach because of.. Joslyn. Yes. She told me she loved me, that's why I left. I remember.
  I ignore the pain as I get up from the bed. I need to use the bathroom. My muscles feel weak but I move anyway. After I finish, I throw myself on the bed just in time for the nurse to return with 2 pills and some oatmeal. I take them and start eating. While I'm eating I hear two familiar voices.

"I'm fine." a woman says.
   "You come to the hospital every morning from 10am to 8pm then go to work directly after until 4am. You do this everyday." a man replies.
"Not everyday. I'm off Mondays and Tuesdays." 
    "Yet you still spend your hours here. You need some rest."
"Danny I'm fine. I'm serious."

They both walk into my room. Their eyes widen as they see me.

"Yo." I say.

"Holy shit. You're awake." Danny says.
   "Yeah. Apparently it's been two weeks."
"Fuck man. Your dumbass had us worried sick! Wait, do you even remember me?"
    "You really have some balls to curse out your boss like this, Daniel." I reply.
"Oh shit. Even used my birth name." he mumbles.
     I laugh.

"Tristan." Joslyn says as she walks up to me. She looks awful. The dark circles are much worse than before, her eyes are slightly red, and she seems to have lost weight. "Tris I am so, so sorry. This is all my fault. I should have never told you–"
"Enough." I interrupt.
"But–"
I wrap my arms around her. My head is screaming at me for moving so fast but I ignore the pain. I just need to feel her next to me.

"I heard you while I was unconscious. I heard your voice. You were always talking to me. You kept me going, thank you Joslyn." I whisper.
"But I'm the reason you're here." she begins to cry.

"You're the reason he's alive." Danny says. "You were the one who did CPR when his heart stopped."
     "You did?" I ask her.
"Want to see the video?" he asks.

Of course there'd be videos of my accident. Danny takes out his phone and shows me everything. I try my best to hold back the nausea from watching myself nearly loose my life.
In the video, Joslyn's the one who pulls me out of the car. She's the one who saved my life while others either stared or recorded or ran away.

"I owe you my life." I tell her.
   "You don't owe my anything. I need to tell Ava you're–"

"I'll tell her. You two clearly need to talk. Maybe fuck in the process because the tension between you two right now is–" Danny starts.
    "Say another word and I'll fuck you up." I growl.
"There's the boss we all know and love. I'll be back." he laughs as he leaves.

"Damn him." Joslyn mutters.

Images of them about to kiss pops up in my mind as well as the usual compulsive thoughts and voices. The silence was too short lived.

"You like him though." I say as I let go of her.
   "Yeah. He's a good friend."
"You like him more than a friend."
    "What? No. How are you feeling?"
"Changing the subject." I accuse.
     "Because you're being ridiculous. Why would you think–"
"You were about to kiss him at the beach, I saw you."
     "Oh. It's not–"
"It's not what?"
      "Well if you'd let me finish a goddamn sentence you'd hear the answer! Uh.. sorry boss."

I smile and she smiles back.

      "He was proving a point."
"What point?"
       "Doesn't matter."
"Joslyn."
        "I'm glad you're okay Tris."

We don't say anything after this. The doctor comes in and asks me a few questions before leaving. I turn on the tv to see news about me. Somehow they figured out I woke up today. They blame my accident on Joslyn. They're saying whatever the 'mistress' told me pissed me off and made me drive reckless. I turn the tv off and look at her. She's staring down at the floor.

"I'm sorry." I say.
   "It's not your fault."
"It's 100% my fault. This wouldn't have happened if you never met me."
    "You would have never been here if you never met me." she counters.

None of this would have happened if we never met each other. I brought misfortune to her life as she did mine.
This could have all been avoided had I followed my rules. Three simple fucking rules.

1. Do not touch her 
2. Do not fuck her
3. Do not fall for her

All I had to do was follow these rules but I've broken all of them. I may not have been inside her yet but I did perform oral.

Did I say yet?

Fuck me man...

"Tristan!" my sister yells, automatically triggering a headache. I groan as she hugs me but I hug her back anyways. "I was so worried."
    "I'm okay. The screaming didn't help the head pain though."
"Sorry."

She asks me a shit load of questions before finally relaxing.

"Dad called." she says.
   "He never came?"
"He said he was too busy but knew you'd be alright." she shakes her head.
    "What'd he say?"
"After you wake up you get a 2 weeks break before going back to work."
     "How kind." I mumble sarcastically.
She sighs.
      "I want to go home."
"Doctor says not until tomorrow, just to be safe."

I lay back down and close my eyes.
Until tomorrow.