I Love You

Warning: This chapter contains mature sexual content

Warning: This chapter contains mature sexual content. If you are not comfortable with that, please skip this chapter.

Poppy was changing Thea for dinner, her mistress' eyes were shining, and a bright smile decorated her lips. But behind that smile, Thea had concerns. Poppy had told her she was with child. "Are you certain, Poppy?"

Pining Thea's hair to the side, the maid spoke. "Quite sure, my lady, you were never late with your courses before. You must be very careful going up and down the stairs. A fall from it could be fatal for the baby, and Mister Pine can no longer spank you. You are to tell him you are carrying his child. The stress on your body would not be good for the baby."

Thea had become too fond of their rough lovemaking and could no longer deny that she enjoyed the spanks as much as John. "Poppy, will Mister Pine be allowed to claim his marital rights?" Poppy was only a few years older than Thea, but she came from a huge family with many married sisters and had helped them deliver the babies. Thea was glad the maid was advising her now if she only had done that before the wedding.

Thea turned around and held Poppy's hand. She was scared John would not welcome her to his bed any longer. "I am scared he will leave me and find a mistress. You said I would be getting sick and tired. He might lose interest towards me." Their life now was what Thea had dreamed of. Her husband was more open to her and cared for her needs. But John had not professed his love for her. She could feel the tenderness, but would John ever love her as much as she did him?

Poppy shook her head and patted her hand. "I do not think so, my lady. My sisters were performing the act till nearly the last month." But that did not lessen her worries ultimately. Thea was unsure if Poppy's sisters were the wives the book described. Perhaps their lovemaking was not like hers, and what she does with John could harm the baby, and John would keep her away from his bed. Now she was giving him a family, and there was no need for him to continue putting his seed inside her.

If he did not love her and lost interest, surely he would desert her and move his needs elsewhere. Perhaps he would return to his old habits and find a much more tender body when hers were no longer enticing. Would he not?

Thea took a deep breath, smiled at the mirror, and thought. "Tonight, I will forget my worries. It is going to be only John and me. I will look for books to help me with this matter and then talk to John about options." Thea liked what she saw in the mirror. Poppy had dressed her in the shallow navy neckline dress she wore at their wedding dinner. Liam was engaged, and she was going to tell John she had fixed part of the problem. Thea was hoping it would do the trick and help seduce John, and he would improve her rather desperate state.

During dinner across the table, John only smirked at her. He knew what his mischievous wife was doing when she wore that dress. Thea's creamy exposed bosoms were calling for him, and John knew that evening would be difficult to resist the temptress. After dinner, when John walked her to the drawing room, he told the servants they could retire for the night.