She Was Not A Friend

As every morning, Thea woke very happy in the arms of her love

As every morning, Thea woke very happy in the arms of her love. She wanted Mister Pine to make a good impression and woke up earlier to instruct Burton about John's clothing for the day. As the night before, John informed Thea he would follow her advice and call on Viscount Parson.

Before dressing for the day, Thea wrapped the gift box as she had promised John, and he came to collect it in her room looking dashing, wearing his velvet blue coat and waistcoat in the same colour with a creamy cravat. Thea smiled at him, and his eyes shone like sapphires.

Thea ran into his arms as soon he entered the room and whispered on his lips

Thea ran into his arms as soon he entered the room and whispered on his lips. "Good luck, my love." Jonathan beamed at her, giving her a passionate kiss before leaving. He was sure Thea needed the comfort. It was Wednesday again, and he was unsure if the King would call for her.

Villain arrived from London Palace, and Thea was dressed in an exquisite red riding dress with golden details on the chest and a high collar with embroidered white ruffles adorning it.

Looking like a perfect doll, she sat in her empty parlour waiting for His Majesty. Like every Wednesday, she stayed still till past lunchtime. Thea took a deep breath, and a lonely tear fell from her eyes. She missed her godfather terribly, and the last time she saw him was at the Lady Babington Ball. Sebastian had not called on her either, and those things were draining the little strength left in her. Thea bowed her head and whispered. "He did not show again."

Before, Thea was always happy to spend time in His Majesty's company. She always used her free afternoons to look after her family's week plans and answer invitations from many balls and dinners. Now the only thing Thea had left was looking after their dinner. Everybody knew she did not receive on Wednesdays same as when she lived in the Palace. Still, now it was because after waiting for another failed appearance of the King, Thea felt gloomy the rest of the day, the opposite of when they had their joyful morning meetings.

As Lady Daphne knew Thea never receives on Wednesday, she decided to go there to persuade her friend to favour her with Earl Crawford. If she married the man, she would be a Countess of a significant Estate and have a fine house in Mayfair to prepare many balls and invite all the ton.