Fixing The Situation

Four days had passed, and Thea could not take it any longer. Her brain was foggy, and she could only think about John's warm body. Thea could not accept that torture anymore. The throbbing and ache between her legs were too much. Thea needed the roughness of John's body, bringing her to a place she had become too familiar with every night.

She knew that for the ache between her legs to stop, she had to present everything to her husband. With the bit of sane part of her brain left, Thea thought of a perfect match. She sent the coachman to deliver a note to the Crawford House.

Liam came as fast as he could and was overjoyed to see her note. He had not seen her since that dinner as he let his words sink into John's head. But Liam loved going there at her request. With a bright smile, he greeted her. "Good day, Mrs Pine."

Thea motioned for him to sit. "Good day, Lord Crawford. I think I have found you a good match." Liam's smile vanished from his lips, replaced by a frown. Of course, he was not happy. He wanted her. Nobody could replace Thea as his Countess.

Thea smiled at him, trying to lift the conversation. She was confident he would like the lady she had in mind, and Thea was sure she would be great friends with the chit. Perhaps she needed it way more than Liam did. Andrew, or their shadow as Liam liked to call the footman, served them tea, and he tried to compose himself and get back to the conversation. "I did everything you have asked of me, Thea. Everything is sorted in my household. My mother was not pleased neither were my siblings, but I knew it had to be done. My father left everything as it was, and now I am suffering. But tell me, am I to start courting Lady Daphne now?"

Sipping her tea, she said. "No, she is completely out of the list, and so are all the other debutants. I met someone else at my father's Palace, and she will be a great match for you." He knew that Daphne had mistreated her, his mother had said at dinner, but he was confused that those were all the good families in England and good dowries.

"Those ladies will not do. Lady Daphne was very rude to me, and she was expecting you to cover her in silk and gold after the wedding, and all those chits will be worse than your mother and sister at spending. They will not help you. They will drown you in more debts."

Liam looked sympathetic to her. He wanted to hold her. Liam knew how Thea must have felt when her friend was rude to her. "I am sorry about Lady Daphne. I thought you were friends." Thea waved her hand. "I did it too, but now I know she only liked using my name and being around the Duke's Palace." He nodded for Thea to continue.

"The youngest daughter of Earl Essex. The Honourable Flora is the third daughter, and the lady title does not apply to her. The girl is very neglected by her parents. She did not have a grand coming out like the siblings or good tutors. The Earl was expecting a boy who never came and was disappointed with her arrival. She was with her mother and sisters at the London Palace this week when I was visiting my father. Miss Flora has beautiful blonde strawberry shiny hair and admirable lady attributes."

Liam bent his head backwards, laughing. His laugh was genuine, and it made Thea giggle. "Thea, you are not selling the chit very nicely to me, telling all those things. You have yet to say a good thing about the lady." Thea set her teacup aside. She was laughing loudly now. She was so desperate to fix things with her husband that she was not even talking properly anymore.

"Do not be silly, Liam. I talked about her beautiful attributes and hair. That would be enough. The Countess had to invite me for tea as my father was with me. You will be accompanying me today and can see the lady in person. I am sure you will be pleased with my choice." Liam would only be pleased if he could take Thea as his wife.